Who we are
Interfaith Dental is a volunteer-driven nonprofit agency that helps vulnerable populations achieve and sustain and healthy smile. Interfaith Dental’s mission is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.
Interfaith Dental now serves vulnerable populations in two clinic locations within a ten-county region of Middle Tennessee. Interfaith Dental focuses on life transformation through dentistry offering both access to oral health services as well as education, motivation, and inspiration.
The role you will play
The Payroll/HR Generalist will be an efficient payroll administrator, working with our third-party service to process payroll and benefits accurately and timely. In addition to payroll, the incumbent will be a HR Generalist managing activities such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, and talent management. Also, they will provide support/guidance to managers, supervisors and employees related to human resources related policies and procedures. This position is a department of one and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Payroll/HR Generalist contributes to the success of Interfaith Dental and its impact in the community by participating in a wide range of responsibilities and activities.
- Manages time/attendance and processes payroll on a 26-pay period cycle for 50+ employees through iSolved.
- In collaboration with the benefit broker, manages benefit selection, enrollment process, and COBRA.
- Maintains the HRIS system (iSolved) as it relates to employee data for onboarding, offboarding, and status changes.
- Manages 401(k) plan and all compliance standards.
- Manages and reconciles payroll year end.
- Reviews policies and practices, then implements and maintains processes to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation, and best practices.
- Maximizes payroll; benefit and HR system capabilities and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains strong relationships with external third parties (payroll/benefit providers).
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Provides guidance and counseling to managers and supervisors on sensitive personnel issues.
- Conducts internal investigations.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation, and best practices.
- Manages the recruitment, selection and onboarding process.
- Assesses training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Creates reports for grant writing purposes.
- Nurtures a positive working environment.
- Supports all internal and external HR, Payroll and Benefits related inquiries or requests.
- Attends leadership meetings and presents regularly to senior leadership team.
Are you someone who:
- Is passionate about the work that you do?
- Is flexible and can manage a diverse workload?
- Is highly organized with strong attention to detail and focus on task follow-through/completion?
- Has advanced computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, and HRIS systems.
- Has reliable transportation for local travel between our two clinics?
- Understands standard accounting principles.
- Has excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Prides themselves on their time management skills with a proven ability meet deadlines?
- Has a thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Is excellent at communicating, both verbally and written?
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
What you will bring
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources and/or Payroll experience is required.
- Coursework in payroll is preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Member of the American Payroll Association highly preferred.
What we offer
At the Interfaith Dental, we have competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, work-life balance, generous paid sick time, paid parental leave, plus an employee assistance program (EAP) – to name a few. We also offer a 401k matching program. Not only do we have 6 paid holidays, but we also have a “CREST” day off – with pay! On top of that, we offer continuous learning and development and a Culture Warrior program that contributes to our employee’s high engagement and happiness. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
How to Apply
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on Indeed (use this link)
- Date Posted: February 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $54,000-64,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk