Patient Care Coordinator
This is a PT position that will work at our Murfreesboro Clinic.
Who we are
Interfaith Dental is a volunteer-driven nonprofit agency that helps vulnerable populations achieve and sustain a healthy smile. Interfaith Dental’s mission is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.
Interfaith Dental now serves vulnerable populations in two clinic locations within a ten-county region of Middle Tennessee. Interfaith Dental focuses on life transformation through dentistry offering both access to oral health services as well as education, motivation, and inspiration.
The role you will play
The Patient Care Coordinator at the front desk is the first point of contact with patients over the phone or on arrival, and the last point of contact after a patient appointment. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing and booking new patients, checking out patients, greeting visitors, sorting out appointments, and undertaking other clinical tasks as needed. In addition to this primary role, this position is cross-trained with the Patient Care Coordinator- Insurance position.
The Patient Care Coordinator contributes to the success of Interfaith Dental and its impact on the community by participating in a wide range of responsibilities and activities.
- Answers phones to address caller needs.
- Conducts patient assessments to determine program eligibility.
- Conducts patient and guest check-in.
- Collects required documentation for appointments and patient files.
- Creates and maintains accurate patient files.
- Manages the Day sheet.
- Maintains a tidy reception area and bathrooms.
- Supports with outgoing duties when needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Conducts patient check-out.
- Collects payments.
- Maintains ledgers and adjusts when needed.
- Coordinates financial arrangements when needed.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Maintains daily schedule and edits when needed.
- Communicate schedule changes with clinic staff.
- Processes and completes intake for special referrals.
- Completes daily deposit.
- Supports with incoming duties when needed.
What you will bring
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in reception or patient care is required.
- One year of experience in a directly related role is required.
- Dental office background and/or experience preferred.
Are you someone who:
- Are you passionate about serving others?
- Can demonstrate a high degree of empathy and compassion.
- Has an outgoing, friendly attitude with patients and staff even under pressure.
- Can work independently and unsupervised.
- Able to use/show proper grammar and professionalism in speech and writing.
- Able to recognize, evaluate, and solve problems.
- Is skilled at multi-tasking, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail.
- Is proficient with standard office software applications (Microsoft Office, Dentrix)
- Has a good concept and understanding of insurance plans and how they work.
- If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website at www.interfaithdental.com
Interfaith Dental is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing reference, and other applicable checks.
- Date Posted: February 2, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 02/26/2024
- Working Hours: 27 hrs/wk