NSO/NA Marketing Manager/Director
NSO/NA Marketing Manager or Director
Reports to: Executive Director
NAMI Tennessee is a NAMI State Organization (NSO) a grassroots organization with the mission to improve the lives of individuals living with mental illness and their families through education, support, and advocacy. We offer focused and effective education and support programs tailored for varied audiences including individuals with mental illnesses, family members and caregivers of those with mental illnesses, direct service providers, and the general public.
The Marketing Manager or Director develops and coordinates marketing and public relations efforts for the organization to ensure strategic and effective messages are presented to the public to bolster NAMI Tennessee’s brand, and programs, and to support and promote fundraising activities/events and donor development initiatives. This position combines expertise and knowledge of print and electronic communications for fundraising, social media outreach, media relations, and marketing, with an emphasis on writing, content development, and design.
The Marketing and Communications Manager or Director will develop and execute a marketing plan consistent with the goals outlined in the NAMI Tennessee strategic framework. This individual will ensure that the plan speaks to the needs of culturally and economically diverse communities. Additionally, this person will evaluate the effectiveness of NAMI Tennessee’s marketing initiatives and make recommendations for improvement.
The Marketing Manager or Director will work across departments and with NAMI Affiliates (NA) to ensure needs are met for both programming and development needs. This person will have the ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative culture in which teamwork is highly valued.
This is a full-time position and can be remote if the candidate lives outside of the Nashville, or Knoxville areas. NAMI Tennessee is currently transitioning to a regional office system, with our main office in the Nashville area, and a regional office in the Knoxville area, future regional office in the Memphis area is possible. This position is open for recruitment for the right person who is located anywhere in Tennessee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Print collateral – copywriting, editing, and design.
- Manages project timelines from conception to publication.
- Compiles stories, collects images, writes and edits copy for print collateral (appeals, newsletters, Executive Director letters, brochures, flyers, programs, annual reports, thank you notes, tax statements).
- Coordinates project details among team, leadership, and outside vendors.
- Designs collateral, when necessary, in line with NAMI branding.
- Manages and produces all electronic marketing.
- Manages image library.
- Maintains the annual communications calendar.
Branding and marketing
- Manages agency-wide branding guidelines and style guide.
- Creates a consistent visual for all electronic and hard-copy communications.
- Supports the marketing needs of the organization including program recruitment, volunteer recruitment, and other outreach efforts.
- Conduct market research to better understand NAMI brand awareness in Tennessee.
Website and social media
- Writes content for the website and updates as necessary.
- Manages the social media calendar and crafts content for social media.
- Implementation of new social media outlets.
- Creates or manages content for fundraisers and events on social media accounts.
- Manages all social media-based events – GivingTuesday, Annual Campaign, etc.
Fundraising & Events
- Coordinate outreach events with community partners, NAMIWalks, state conventions, and CIT/Criminal Justice across the state of Tennessee, coordinating with local NAMI Affiliates (NA).
- Implements events marketing: website and social media as it relates to events.
- Development of event collateral: invitations, programs, sponsorship materials, etc.
- Assistance with brainstorming, implementation, and marketing of events to ensure maximum outreach, participation, and cohesion.
- Develop targeted outreach materials (pitches, media lists, etc.) and provide planning support for events.
- Emphasize focus/outreach for traditionally underserved populations.
- Create and maintain a year-round marketing & communications calendar.
- Participates in fundraising events as needed
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training, and staff retreats.
- Perform other communications, administrative, and logistical duties as required by business needs.
- 40-50% of the time this position will work collaboratively with Tennessee local affiliates (NA’s), the majority of which are volunteers to act as technical assistance and help them to effectively market their affiliates within their geographic region through all media.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Similar experience preferred.
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Name, Marketing manager, or director in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please. Your cover letter should contain a rationale for elevating this position to a director-level position and what expertise you will bring to NAMI Tennessee to justify that elevation.
- Date Posted: September 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 09/22/2023
- Salary Range: $55,000- $75,000
- Working Hours: 40+hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00AM-5:00PM