Nashville Public Television (NPT)
Nashville Public Television (NPT)
Nashville Public Television (NPT), Nashville’s PBS station is seeking to hire a Network Technician. The Network Technician will assist with all aspects of information technology, production engineering and broadcast engineering responsibilities, including production tasks as needed. Reporting to the Technology Supervisor and will work closely with the Senior Director of Engineering.
- Maintain user accounts and security, and application support.
- Maintain current knowledge of software and recommend modifications as necessary.
- Install, configure, and upgrade operating systems and software on servers and end-user computers, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Create, develop, maintain, and conduct formal and informal training programs in PC applications.
- Instruct end users on the use of necessary data processing equipment.
- Support users of critical, non-standard systems.
- Troubleshoot end user problems with computer systems, including software, e-mail, network, and peripheral equipment problems; make repairs and corrections where required.
- Assist in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.
- Understand and troubleshoot for existing proprietary software used by the organization.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all sensitive information encountered.
- Assist in the backup and recovery of organizational data.
- Install and maintain networked hardware and required software for LAN, e-mail and internet services.
- Create and maintain user accounts on servers and perform related tasks.
- Provide broad level maintenance for desktop PC’s, MACs, and related equipment.
- Provide technical support and assistance to users in the provision of the internet and other software and computer related services.
- Provide software and hardware maintenance support by having general responsibility for computer operations, server backup, and communicating with hardware and software vendors to resolve problems.
- Assist in the integration and utilization of television equipment that is computer-based or digital in nature.
- Provide additional technical support in the broadcast/production environment as required and assist in general departmental maintenance activities as needed.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level and special projects, as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
Strong familiarity with computer networks, Windows, Microsoft, MAC environments, and internet related software.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a related field. Minimum of one to two years’ experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods as needed. May require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as required, up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Workspace varies from inside, to working outside for extended periods during the day.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website for more information at https://www.wnpt.org/.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: HR, Nashville Public Television (NPT), 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
- Date Posted: March 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: 40