Nashville Hub Program Manager
Nashville Hub is a program of Alignment Nashville that provides events, coaching, and support to communities that are working to transform the K-12 experience to prepare all students for college, career, and life. Learn more about Nashville Hub at NashvilleHub.org. The Nashville Hub Program Manager is an important member of a small, collaborative, highly effective organization that mobilizes strategic partners to challenge and address systemic barriers in order to equitably impact the growth, development, and academic achievement of each Metro Nashville Public School student. Our vision is that all Metro Nashville Public Schools students meet their unique potential. Learn more about Alignment Nashville at AlignmentNashville.org.
The following core beliefs guide our work:
- There are no expendable students; we believe that all children are capable of learning and growing.
- We must be bold and courageous in our efforts, always keeping the needs of students at the center of our work.
- We must encourage innovative thinking in addressing barriers.
- We believe that the Nashville community has the resources that are needed to take care of our students.
- We must ensure that all students have genuine access to resources and opportunities to meet their unique potential.
Alignment Nashville strives to be a collaborative, learning organization that values personal responsibility and innovation and encourages all to contribute ideas, share opinions, and help each other. We are a small team with a big job to do, which means we need to work together to accomplish our goals for our community. We seek out those with extraordinary talent and passion who like to be challenged and thrive on collaborating, learning, and sharing, and we do everything we can to support you and celebrate your contribution to the community.
This position reports to the Vice President.
The Nashville Hub Program Manager will work with the organization’s leadership to maintain and grow the success of the Nashville Hub program by exercising good decision-making, detailed oversight of the provision of services, and highly positive interactions with our consultants and clients.
Primary duties (listed in random order):
- First line of contact for phone, email, and website inquiries for Nashville Hub
- Communicate with Nashville Hub Director of Consulting, Nashville Hub consultants, and clients in the coordination of training and services
- Create and manage MOA and MOU processes pursuant to Nashville Hub service delivery
- Provide Nashville Hub and other event support – staffing, resource coordination, printing, supplies, and other supports as needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of program activities, including participant data and outcomes.
- Coordinate with Alignment Nashville bookkeeper to ensure timely billing and payment for Nashville Hub services
- Prepare program-related documents, including proposals, reports, and presentations as needed
- Communicate and coordinate with Alignment Nashville staff, MNPS staff, and Ford NGL staff as needed
- Provide direct support to the Vice President in the development and completion of a variety of Nashville Hub projects
- Manage Nashville Hub email newsletters, news releases, and additional communications strategies as determined through the communications plan
- Monitor and update the Nashville Hub website
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills necessary:
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office products, Google Drive, Google documents, Dropbox
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and comply with multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with multiple levels of people from all areas of the country
Experience with MOAs, MOUs, contracts, and/or grants preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years practical experience in a similar position
Environmental conditions and physical demands:
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there is some moving and carrying of light items.
- The employee should be able to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, observe details at close range, and communicate with others.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Alignment Nashville provides medical and dental at no cost to the employee, life insurance at no cost, vision at low cost, an HRA annual allowance, and additional elective coverages.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to Heather Chalos, Vice President.
- Date Posted: January 4, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week, hybrid