Mental Health Counselor
This position is available in multiple counties throughout Middle Tennessee.
The STARS Mental Health Counselor will be responsible for directing and assisting in the implementation of all program components of the Student Assistance Model in the school(s) assigned to them.
STARS Mental Health Counselors Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate individual and support group counseling sessions.
- Provides case management and follow-up services with students, parents, school personnel, and community professionals.
- Serves and participates on the school crisis team.
- Provides alcohol, drug, violence, and suicide prevention/intervention services.
- Collects and maintains all appropriate student data and completes all required program reporting.
- Chief facilitator of the team process to support the team as a functional group.
- Consults with and provides consultative services to faculty members, SROs, parents, and community persons.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with individuals, court services, social service and counseling agencies, public and private associations, and businesses in the community in order to form partnerships and service plans to meet the needs of students and their families as deemed appropriate by STARS.
STARS Mental Health Counselor Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge in education and counseling services, including drug, alcohol, and violence prevention.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in counseling, or social work, with 3+ years of work in the youth social service field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of social service referral sources in the community.
- Must possess leadership ability and team-building skills.
- Good human relations skills and strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to implement and incorporate existing protocols, practices, and policies into the work environment.
- Must have the ability to organize, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the business.
- Must be able to work some after-school/non-traditional school hours.
Health, Vision, Dental, Critical Illness, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Paid time off, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, 401K match
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4718584
Voted Top Workplace 2013-2021! Awesome work culture, great benefits, inclusive, welcoming, and compassionate team.
STARS mission is to help young people pursue their unlimited potential by providing hope, health, and connection. STARS has served some of our most disenfranchised populations by providing school-based prevention and intervention services, as well as intensive outpatient services for adolescents with substance use and co-occurring disorders.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. STARS Nashville does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, transgender status, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
- Date Posted: September 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000-$49,530
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F; school schedule