Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
What you’ll do:
Summary: Marketing Specialist is a cross-functional role working seamlessly with the marketing and communications team to support all marketing-related efforts to engage our community and new prospects through social media platforms, email communications, website, blog, and various marketing materials. This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and is integrated into the efforts of the External Affairs Department. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Works with marketing and communications team to develop content strategy across digital platforms to build brand awareness, promote specific events and programs, engage, and build our online community, generate inbound traffic, and cultivate leads.
- Routes drafts to staff and management and coordinate proposed edits and approvals.
- Assist Manager, Media & Communications as needed to write clear, persuasive marketing copy that meets both promotional and brand objectives, assuring consistent quality and tone, amending it in response to feedback.
- Works with marketing and communications team to manage the content calendar for social media, blog, and email communications.
- Works with marketing and communications team to brainstorm concepts, write copy, edit content, and copy and proofread Second Harvest communications materials, including social media, web content, emails, ads, talking points, marketing collateral and more. Proofreading includes checking facts, spelling, grammar, and ensuring content is correct and up to date.
- Create and edit graphics in Canva to support all internal and external marketing efforts across channels such as ScreenCloud, social media, email, and web.
Campaign & Web Development
- Create and manage donation and registration forms, create autoresponders and confirmation pages through Luminate Online, establish donation landing pages and redirect URLs are built ahead of campaign go live dates.
- Work with Manager, Integrated Marketing & Fundraising Strategy to create, refresh and deploy regular and one-off email communications targeted to key audiences.
- Work with Manager, Integrated Marketing & Fundraising Strategy to make regular website updates to deliver excellent user engagement and increased revenue.
Social Media Management
- Manages Second Harvest’s social media channels by creating and posting engaging, relevant, and consistent on-brand content to drive brand awareness, engagement, and fundraising.
- Monitors and responds to all social media messages and comments and escalates them to Director, Marketing & Communications as necessary.
- Works with marketing and communications team to develop and execute social media strategies to support key marketing and fundraising campaigns and events.
- Monitors and reports regularly on how the brand is performing on social channels and any key trends and market developments that will inform future marketing plans and make recommendations about new opportunities.
- Assist Manager, Media & Communications as needed to collect stories, photos, and videos of clients.
- Assist Manager, Media & Communications as needed to record, transcribe, and write client stories for direct mail, blog, email, and digital.
- Catalog and organize stories in Basecamp.
Project Management & Fulfilment
- Monitors marketing request form and works with internal departments to manage and coordinate internal creative services requests for collateral and other deliverables from concept to production.
- Utilizes Basecamp, a project management tool to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality for all marketing-related projects.
- Manages relationships with print vendors to ensure that all collateral and promotional marketing materials for the organization are accurate, high-quality, within budget, and delivered in a timely manner.
General Marketing Support
- Manages digital asset management by regularly uploading images, logos, and other assets into Swivle.
- Supports internal communication initiatives including Second Harvest’s Workplace account and oversee maintenance and content creation for ScreenCloud.
- Provides other administrative support to the marketing and communications team and fill in for other Marketing staff as needed.
- Take photos and video as needed for website and social media.
Other duties as assigned.
Is this you?
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Digital Media, or similar field required.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in social media marketing, inbound marketing, copywriting, online fundraising at an agency or nonprofit organization.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Proficient in social media, with a proven experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Facebook Ad Manager, Hootsuite or Sprout Social.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, online search engines and developing and administering web content.
- Create and edit basic images in Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with WordPress and CRMs.
- Dynamic journalistic/writing skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time-management and follow-through skills.
- Monitor, compile and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with different personalities in a tactful, mature and professional manner.
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities. Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills.
- Think strategically and conceptualize creatively.
- Project management skills with ability to manage workflow processes and schedules.
- Oral and written communication abilities.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter approach toward work with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Knowledge/understanding of the nonprofit sector relating to hunger issues.
Competencies: Coaching and developing others, Result orientation and execution, Quality improvement, Project Management
Other requirements: Our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, and Motor Vehicle Record. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
When & Where:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required for meetings or special events.
- Occasional duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.).
- No travel is required for this position.
- Current driver’s license with copy of current auto insurance and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) results required
Flexibility: Our flexible work program is a strategic tool to achieve organizational goals, empower employees to do their best work and foster engagement by supporting high performance, business continuity as well as wellbeing and work-life-balance. WorkFlex arrangements are complex, specific to individuals and roles and include the following options: alternative schedule, compressed week, reduced/ part-time, job sharing, remote day and telecommuting.
Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
Award winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, 403b retirement (up to 3% match, 5% base, length of service vesting), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: org/contact.
- Date Posted: April 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services