Manager of Communications / Digital Communications
Full Time (Franklin, TN)
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to
The Manager of Communications/Digital Communications supports the Director of Communications to
promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity,
credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
The Manager of Communications oversees the digital communications of Show Hope, including but not
limited to the management of showhope.org and howtoadopt.org, email, social media, and digital
advertising as well as the development of content for different digital channels. The Manager of
Communications collaborates with the Communications, Development, and Programs teams to ensure
projects and campaigns are executed with excellence and align with Show Hope’s strategic plans and
The Manager of Communications reports to the Director of Communications and supports the
Communications team to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
- Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, managing various tasks pertinent to the assigned department and working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership, and Director of the department.
- Manage/lead direct reports, interns, outside agencies and relationships to obtain desired results while maintaining commitment to Show Hope’s core values.
- Manage the performance of necessary office work that is directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage communications/marketing strategy in regard to email, social media, website, SEO, digital advertising, etc.
- Build, schedule, and send email communications via email service provider (Pardot).
- Expand and maximize email service provider’s (Pardot) capabilities in alignment with strategic plan and that support mission and core values.
- Assist in the development of social media strategy and content.
- Manage Show Hope social media accounts, including updates and monitoring.
- Support Communications team in developing strategies for existing and emerging mediums, including but not limited to YouTube.
- Manage relationships with web/digital support contractors, ensuring work is complete in alignment with mission, core values, and strategic plan.
- Manage content development in regard to increasing organic and paid traffic to websites, including showhope.org and howtoadopt.org.
- Collaborate with web support contractors in the strategic development of paid advertising plan, particularly maximizing Google spend and grants.
- Assist the Communications Director in ensuring digital communications promote Founders vision and advance Founders voice/brand within overall Show Hope brand.
- Assist in the development and management of Communications budget in regard to digital and social media advertising.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in digital communications
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, vendors, and donors/customers
- Proficiency with project management systems (i.e. Asana), email service providers (i.e. Pardot), and content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) a must
- Experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics, and social media advertising
- Writing, editing, and graphic design experience a plus
- Knowledge of “The Associated Press Stylebook” a plus
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce (or CRM) preferred
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience in nonprofit organizations is a plus
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious