Live-In Resident Assistant
Job Title: Resident Assistant
Ella’s House is a local nonprofit serving the pregnant and parenting collegiate community through housing, community, and mental health and wellness initiatives. As a part of our model, we provide housing to pregnant and parenting scholars with children under 1 year of age in our Granny White location. This position is a live-in position located at Ella’s House (in the Lipscomb/Granny White area). The job entails general house management and receives free room and board as well as a monthly stipend. The position does not require the RA to be “in-house” at all times so Ella’s House expects the RA to have other jobs/responsibilities.
Job Description: The expectations of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Live-in nighttime house coverage with own room and bathroom
- Upkeep and maintenance of the house (reporting maintenance to the landlord, setting standards for cleanliness and order in the home, etc.)
- Uphold house rules including visiting policy, curfew, chores, etc.
- Attend meetings with Ella’s House staff member 1x/month (flexible timing, subject to change)
- Potential to co-host family dinners on Tuesday nights
- Submit receipts and documented maintenance issues to the Executive Director
- Act as point of contact for emergency resident needs including lost keys, late entry, etc.
The perfect candidate for this position will believe in the mission of Ella’s House, be responsible and tidy, have excellent communication skills, be able to and be able to handle rule violations with firm compassion.
Compensation: This position will receive free rent and utilities along with a $200 monthly stipend
Vacation: The Resident Director will be entitled to 2 weeks vacation (approved ahead of time with Executive Director) as well as U.S. Federal Holidays
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and contact info.
- Date Posted: January 8, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth