Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Life Coach to join our Life Recovery team. The Life Coach is an advocate for an assigned caseload of participants who, through a biblical worldview, encourages participants to connect or reconnect with Christ, make the right life decisions, evaluate their lifestyles, build new boundaries into their lives, and ultimately feel hope again. This position reports to the Director, Therapy and Life Coaching, is a key member of the Life Recovery team, and upholds the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times. Are you the right person?
You’re An Encouraging Mentor.
You have a desire to help others. You are able to draw upon your own personal growth experience to carry the message of hope to those you are coaching. By offering encouragement and support, you cultivate and secure a connection with participants, while teaching personal responsibility. You serve as their mentor and role model. You have the ability to coach/guide/educate participants on life and social skills.
You’re An Inspiring Teacher.
You are comfortable teaching core classes, leading devotions, and speaking at chapel services. Your classes are well organized and taught in a professional manner; thoroughly challenging, while always providing hope. You are able to facilitate group discussions where talkers are held to a minimum and non-talkers are encouraged to share.
You’re A Team Player.
You can work with a diverse team to ensure that your daily schedule, goals, and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards. You actively participate in special events, activities, staff meetings, and more (including some weekends and holidays). You are not afraid to address conflict within the group. You seek to understand through conversations and not confrontations.
You’re Strong In Your Faith.
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is central to who you are. You can easily communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to those you are coaching, as well as those around you. You are able to articulate the Word of God in a way that serves as a source of encouragement, as well as a challenge to participants in the program. You are always prepared to share your testimony or the Mission’s message of hope.
We are looking for a spiritually mature Christian, a counselor at heart but with the ability to inspire and encourage groups through teaching and leading. The right person is someone who genuinely cares about helping others move forward in their life.
- Provides oversight, coaching, and care to assigned caseload:
- Assumes responsibility for participants and assists them in completing program requirements.
- Meets with assigned participants three times per week for one-hour group coaching.
- Meets with assigned participants for individual coaching per program progression.
- Establishes/creates a Coordinated Care Document (CCD) in conjunction with the therapist for the assigned participant.
- Develops, maintains, and secures coaching documentation on each participant in ClientTrack and offline files.
- Teachers in core curriculum, devotionals, and program chapels.
- Actively works with the program team to ensure that daily schedule, goals, and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in scheduled day trip activities, special events, activities, staff meetings, training, and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by the Director.
- Regularly performs room inspections on assigned rooms.
- In the event of lower program numbers, participate in work therapy chores.
- Provide occasional oversight of another coach’s caseload in the event of illness, personal leave, or vacation.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Masters in Theology, Social Services, or Psychology required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience; experience in a biblical recovery program preferred.
- Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- An enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, students, volunteers, and the local community.
- Acquire and maintain valid and current certifications for certain skills such as Crisis Prevention, first aid, CPR, and Narcan. Nashville Rescue Mission will provide certifications.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by the Mission’s insurance company to drive a 15-passenger van.
- Requires an above-average amount of walking, standing, and stair climbing.
- Daily includes reading, research, typing/computer usage, and public speaking.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Regularly transport students in a 15-passenger van.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of employees’ earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to those who are hungry, hurting, and experiencing homelessness.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping those who are hungry and experiencing homelessness. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: December 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $20.11 - $25.14
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.