Martha O'Bryan Center
Lead Teacher – Early Learning Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
Lead Teachers in the Early Learning Center plan and execute a high-quality early learning environment that provides children with a holistic, developmentally appropriate learning opportunities, provides support and partnership to their families, and works to ensure the program serves the goal of helping every child be successful in school and life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements an individually and developmentally appropriate program of activities in line with partner requirements that meets the Center’s written educational philosophy and goals.
- Ensures compliance with both DHS Child Care Licensing standards and the National Association for the Education of Young Children code of ethical conduct and accreditation standards.
- Develops and maintains a safe, healthy, independent learning environment.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that promote the development of self-discipline.
- Plans and implements parent activities in conjunction with administrative and classroom staff.
- Communicates regularly with parents concerning their child’s progress.
- Manages the classroom effectively; organizes, plans, keeps records, communicates, coordinates, and acts as a cooperative co-worker.
- Seeks out and takes advantage of professional development activities, completing a minimum of 18 hours of professional development per licensing year.
- Keeps director informed of problems/concerns/needs concerning children, parents, and general classroom operation.
- Contribute to the team effort by participating in staff meetings and functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, child development or related field
- Early Childhood experience of two years or more.
- Experience working with young children and families, particularly those living in poverty.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young children.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong people skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, 401(k)-retirement match plan.
How to Apply
Please apply HERE
- Date Posted: May 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 45,000