Martha O'Bryan Center
K-8 Site Coordinator
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Site Coordinator for the K-8 Program will coach and support staff on a daily basis, ensuring the quality of the program, as well maintaining data tracking, compliance work, grant reporting, seeking new partnerships, and serving as a liaison between Martha O’Bryan Center and school site administration and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintain a safe, healthy, independent learning environment.
- Plans and implements daily lesson plans that meet the Center’s educational philosophy and goals, as well as aligns with overall K-8 strategy. Coordinates with school staff and administrators to develop and coordinate learning activities.
- Oversees work of part time staff, including tutors, as well as AmeriCorps, to ensure program quality.
- Builds relationships with teachers, school administrators, and parents, to ensure program success. Communicate regularly with parents concerning their children as well as volunteer opportunities and happenings at the Center.
- Develops partnerships within the community to enrich program.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that promote development and self-discipline.
- Manages activity areas effectively by organizing, planning, keeping records, completing reports and communication and coordinating with other team members.
- Assists K-8 leadership with staff development and support.
- Administers student assessments and analyze results to report trends.
- Enters program data into Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) and Department of Education databases.
- Operates program within budget constraints.
- Facilitate registration process and orientation for new students and their families.
- Maintains daily records such as participant log sheets.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- 2 years of teaching experience with elementary age group or experience with out of school-time program management.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of education practices and current trends in teaching reading and math.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, 401(k)-retirement match plan.
How to Apply
Please apply HERE
- Date Posted: May 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $40,000 - 42,000