Camp Widji/Joe C. Davis Outdoor Center
JCD Operations Director – Day Camp
Camp Widji/Joe C. Davis Outdoor Center
Consistent with the Christian mission and Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the JCD Associate Executive Director, the JCD Operations Director-Day Camp position is responsible for the overall preparation, operation, marketing, recruitment, training and day-to-day operations of the Joe C Davis Outdoor Center/Camp Widjiwagan’ s Day camp, which currently consists of ten weeks with 500+ Campers a day. This Day Camp includes oversight of our bus transportation and boating programs. Year-round responsibility includes supporting the Conference and Retreat Department.
Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Model and put into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity
- Directs supervises, and monitors Summer Camp operations and program activities to meet Joe C. Davis Outdoor Center and YMCA objectives and adhere to state and local YMCA Health and safety regulations.
- Develop, monitor, and effectively forecast program budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
- Oversees operations of all summer day camp programming including but not limited to: Traditional Camp, Specialty Camps, and other programming as designated.
- records are maintained, including program registration, staff, and attendance rosters and equipment.
- Compiles program statistics in order to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; ensures appropriate records are maintained including program registration, staff and attendance rosters, and equipment.
- Hires, monitors, supervises, and evaluates appropriate staff, including but not limited to all summer Day Camp counselors, Pack Leaders, specialty camp counselors, arts coordinators, boat drivers, and CDL Bus drivers
- Supervise front desk operations and summer camp registration process, hiring and training check-in/camp store staff and registration team.
- Oversee and coordinate with marketing and registration team all Day Camp marketing and communication to camper parents. Including social media posts, mass emails, parent planner, and website.
- Creates the schedule and program activities to meet the demands of guests and Camp Widji’s objectives.
- Responsible for the inventory, replacement, and purchasing of recreation and other program supplies.
- Oversees program staff training including but not limited to, boating, archery, ropes, and high adventure, lifeguard, first aid, CPR, arts and crafts, and general camp activities.
- Various duties related to the general JCD Outdoor Center operation, including but not limited to directing and supervising weekend events, serving as MOD for evening or week-end groups, producing staff and camper videos, and representing the Joe C. Davis Outdoor Center/Camp Widjiwagan at job fairs, exhibits, and conferences.
- Coach and support seasonal leadership with the implementation of pulse checks throughout the summer
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff
- Acquire and hold certifications and licenses necessary to ensure safe and proper implementation of all program areas and proper training and supervision of staff in specialty areas in order to provide the safest and highest quality programs possible.
- Serve on appropriate Board Committees, identifying opportunities for committee members to deepen involvement and support the growth of the departments
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
Benefits package including generous paid time off for full-time staff
Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
Discounts on youth programs, summer camps, and sports instruction
We are dedicated to helping our team members reach their professional goals and feel valued. We offer a comprehensive leadership development and certification system that promotes learning at all career stages.
We also provide Employee Resource Groups, which provide a space for people to network, mentor one another, participate in personal and professional development, and more—all while building meaningful connections.
How to Apply
Click HERE to Apply!
- Date Posted: January 24, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $47,384 to $59,230 annually (depending on experience)
- Working Hours: Typically Monday - Friday, based on the needs of the program and participants