Integrated Care Initiative Program Director
Join our team as the Program Director for our Integrated Care Initiative, where you’ll lead a diverse range of health education programs to enhance medical, dental, and community services. Your role involves strategic planning, program management, and budget oversight. As a leader you’ll coach and mentor staff, fostering growth and creating an inclusive work environment in population health programs and initiatives, and lead a multidisciplinary team in chronic care management, implement evidence-based best practices, and work with medical providers, Registered Nurses, Dietitians, and community health leaders. You will be the driving force in developing and implementing policies, ensuring cultural relevance, and establishing strong community ties. Your impact will extend to program operations, financial management, and community involvement.
Working at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic means living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches, and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. The Yakima Valley is located in Eastern Washington where shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, it tends to be sunny and arid. Farms and orchards here produce a bounty of fruits, berries, vegetables, hops, and wine grapes.
What We Offer
- Salary $90,000 -$121,000 DOE with the ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Relocation allowance available.
Leadership and Supervision:
- Coaches, mentors, and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations.
- Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual.
- Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job-related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Develops, interprets, revises, implements, and administers program-specific policies, procedures, and practices.
- Sets standards for existing and new program activities.
- Analyzes and assesses internal systems and makes recommendations on changes or revisions to improve productivity and performance.
- Acts as the program specialist for executive management, outside organizations, and special interest groups.
- Administrative contact for all funders, contracts, and partnerships under Integrated Care Services.
- Maintains a working relationship and provides leadership to external partners and associations.
- Explains complex program issues, anticipates potential conflicts, and proactively recommends alternative solutions.
- Oversees and directs program operations, including program management and development of chronic disease self-management, health education, literacy, and parenting education programs, and ensures programs are conducted in accordance with agency and contractor/grantor policy and procedures.
- Works with Planning Development to identify funding for new projects.
- Directs and evaluates prevention, public health, and education care models to address the needs of the YVFWC population and directs incorporation of the latest evidence-based and best practice research into program planning, community practices, and protocols.
- Assures cultural relevancy and appropriateness of Integrated Care Initiative services to YVFWC patients.
- Responds to patient complaints and suggestions that cannot be resolved by Program Managers or Coordinators.
- Develops and oversees financial budgets of multiple contracts for chronic disease self-management, parenting education, and literacy programs.
- Establishes, prioritizes, and monitors annual budget, production targets, and grant goals while assuring compliance with grantee requirements.
Operations and Quality:
- Evaluates, analyzes, and assesses productivity and efficiency reports and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works in collaboration with the Quality Department to ensure all standards are met for the Joint Commission and other YVFWC standards of care.
- Directs the establishment of goals and priorities for Integrated Care Initiatives within the corporate strategic plan.
- Works with Facilities for all maintenance, upkeep, and design of Integrated Care Initiative sites and space.
- Develops and maintains necessary ties and networks with the prevailing communities for the purposes of promoting the mission of YVFWC.
- Sits on boards and advisory committees at local, state, and national levels as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Services, Public Health, or a related field. Four years of additional related management experience may be substituted for the required degree. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Public Health, or related field preferred.
- Experience: 5 years of program management and supervisory experience is required. 7 years experience in a Senior Leadership role in a social services or healthcare business operations preferred. Two years of experience with grant and contract management preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work effectively with culturally diverse populations. Intermediate proficiency in a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Skills to work within time and budget restraints. Skills to understand state and federal guidelines relating to programs in social services, and other community settings. Skills to move seamlessly from strategy to tactics and effectively execute a plan. Skills to provide vision and leadership for the functional department and organization. Skills to effectively manage a department and team. Skills to delegate responsibilities and motivate staff to complete tasks. Skills to work within a team framework, with a variety of professionals and other persons relevant to administration and patient care. Skilled in analyzing, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and sound judgment. Skilled in creating and interpreting reports, high-level writing, and mathematics. Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Comfortable presenting and speaking to large groups. Conflict resolution skills.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being a passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 20, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $90,000 -$121,000 DOE