Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Institutional Giving Manager
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Work for one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
The Institutional Giving Manager will support the Director of Development in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all corporate donors, with a focus on gifts $1,500 – $15,000.
- Led fundraising efforts, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, of corporate donors to support Cheekwood’s annual fund, events, programs, and festivals, with the goal of securing a funder for every major initiative.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate donors, with a focus on expanding the portfolio.
- Assist the Director of Development and President & CEO in developing engagement strategies for current and potential institutional donors.
- Maintain regular correspondence with key funding representatives and ensure Cheekwood has a current contact at each corporate funder. Conduct in-person meetings with corporate and institutional staff to cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships as needed.
- Steward relationships with existing partners, securing, and coordinating pertinent information and meetings, and developing effective relationships with potential supporters.
- Collaborate with program and senior staff in the preparation and presentation of the organization in prospect relationships, stewardship activities, and proposal development, management, and reporting.
- With the Development Assistant, execute on sponsorship recognition and benefits. Collaborate across teams to fulfill reporting requirements, ensuring that all deadlines and budgetary goals are met.
- Coordinate and implement year-round donor communications plan, including stages of cultivation and solicitation, and ensure regular follow up deadlines are met.
- Manage documentation of donor information in database, proactively ensure accuracy of donor records, research and prepare prospect profiles and lists using internal and external resources.
- Assist in the monitoring of Development budget and financials.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Development department’s systems, processes, and data infrastructure. Adhere to fundraising guidelines.
- Participate as part of the Development team in a collegial fashion, working in a collaborative environment to ensure attainment of Development goals and objectives.
- Carry out other duties as needed as assigned by the Director of Development and President & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 to 5 years in development or development-related experience at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization, with a proven track record of securing donors.
- Must possess outstanding project management, organizational skills and be highly detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize activities and responsibilities, manage multiple projects and concurrent tasks with the ability to work effectively within established deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents including staff, board members, donors, and volunteers.
- Must be able to maintain an on-site flexible schedule with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with donor databases and museum environment a plus.
- High level of professionalism and discretion is a must.
Cheekwood offers a comprehensive array of valuable benefits to full-time team members to protect health, family and way of life including Health Insurance with an HRA (Cheekwood pays 90% of the cost of one of the employee-only plans), Dental (Cheekwood pays a portion of the premium), Vision, Life Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 403b (with a generous employer match offered), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Holidays. Aflac products are also available.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
Visit our website: https://cheekwood.org/about/join-our-team/
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/16/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs./wk