First Presbyterian Church of Nashville
Human Resources Coodinator
First Presbyterian Church of Nashville
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator facilitates all HR functions including recruitment
- maintenance of employee records provides information required for payroll processing and assists in the
- development of HR policies, programs, and practices. The HR Coordinator addresses issues raised by the current
- employees and new hires organize and schedule orientations and coordinate other HR functions such as
- employee recognition and social events.
Recruitment and Hiring: Assist supervisors with writing/updating job descriptions and ensure the position opening is properly promoted within and outside of the Church. Review applicants for consideration by the hiring team and coordinate the communication of offers of employment.
Onboarding: Responsible for handling the employee onboarding process by completing the “New Employee Checklist” including requests for all pre-employment screens; obtaining new hire paperwork; creating employee files; coordinating all new hire set-up (keycard/keys/computer/phone/email/database logins/parking passes); and providing campus tours and introductions to other staff.
Offboarding: Oversee the termination process to include completion of “Employee Exit Checklist” including collection of resignation/termination documentation; Church property such as keys, ID badge, credit cards, membership cards, etc.; request removal of access to phone, computer, and other software user accounts.
Benefits Administration: Assists Church Administrator/Personnel Committee with annual benefit selections prior to open enrollment. Prepares open enrollment communication materials and presentations, facilitates and assists with open enrollment meetings, and fields benefit questions from employees. Ensures employees are timely enrolled for benefits consistent with employee classification and eligibility (insurance, retirement, and Flex Spending). Receive/review/transmit applicable benefit forms to third-party administrators. Terminates employees from benefit plan and ensures final paycheck includes all eligible benefit payouts.
Employee Compensation: Liaise with payroll vendor to ensure all compensation and benefits changes are timely reported/approved/processed and that work/leave hours are properly tracked within the timeclock application. Understand proper taxation of employer-paid benefits and transmit relevant information for payroll processing.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Tennessee Family Leave Act (TFLA), and Workers Compensation: Maintains up-to-date knowledge of FMLA and TFLA regulations; assists employees with eligible leave requests; provides support and training to supervisors regarding applicable leaves; ensures work-related injuries are reported and, as appropriate, injured employees are offered approved medical care selection information.
Other: Response to all employment verifications; manage filing/storage/security of personnel files; prepare evaluation forms for employee annual reviews; updates/distribute Employee and New Employee Orientation Handbooks; maintain employee databases/phone lists with accurate information; assist with employee recognition/training/fellowship events (tracks years of service, purchases gifts, cards, decorations, etc.); arranges for acknowledgment gifts for employees experiencing bereavement or illnesses; maintain historical human resources records in accordance with required retention policies; orders supplies as needed including employee ID lanyards/cases, PC(USA) planning calendars, etc.; and other related duties as assigned.01.2021
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks; read/analyze and interpret general business documents, forms, and governmental regulations and effectively present to decision makers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a rapidly changing environment.
- Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Experience with database management system (desired).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop/maintain well-organized filing and record-keeping systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating and maintaining healthy coworker relationships.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Associate degree with a major in human resource, business administration, finance, or business management from an accredited educational institution; Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of work experience in human resources or finance/payroll. Experience with church or non-profit organizations is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and to move about; to sit for extended periods of time; to use hands to operate office equipment; and to talk and to hear when interfacing with staff and others in person or on the phone. Vision within normal ranges is required to read documents, file paperwork, and use the computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works indoors in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, with frequent interruptions from other staff, which may affect one’s ability to focus on computer work or concentrate on work at the desk.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT: Please sign below in receipt and acknowledgment of the above job description. Essential functions of the job described may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
As a part-time employee, you will be eligible to receive the following employee benefits as part of our compensation package, effective on your first day of part-time work:
- Dental Coverage for you and members of your family (Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO)) via Aetna
- Vision Eyewear Coverage (eyeglasses or contact lenses, but not exam coverage) for you and members of your family via VSP
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts via Further
- Retirement Savings Plan with both pre-tax and after-tax (ROTH) options via Fidelity
How to Apply
Or send your Resume/Cover letter to Adam L’Herault, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 03/04/2024
- Salary Range: $25 - $30
- Working Hours: 25 hours/wk; M-F 9:00am - 3:00pm, Hybrid Possible