Home Study/Post Release Services Case Manager (Nashville)
Home Study/Post Release Services Case Manager (Nashville)
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $45,000 – $52,000
Reports to: Family Reunification Coordinator
Date: Updated 2/16/2023
The Bilingual Case Manager is primarily responsible for the provision of Home Study/Post Release contract services for unaccompanied children (UCs) and their sponsors receiving services through Inspiritus. As such they serve as an advocate on behalf of these individuals and the caregivers who provide direct care. The Case Manager will conduct home studies to assess the safety and stability of prospective sponsors of unaccompanied children (and their home environment) to facilitate the safe and timely release of UCs to their family. The Case Manager will provide Post-Release Services to unaccompanied children reunited with family, offering short term case management to ensure the children are thriving and connected to needed resources, including medical providers, school enrollment, immigration attorneys, mental health needs, and more. This position is based out of Inspiritus Nashville office and is intended to serve clients throughout the state of Tennessee and occasionally other states in the region. This position requires high proficiency in Spanish.
- Carries an assigned case load and assists other Case Managers in providing services to individuals receiving services.
- Makes regular contact and visits to the home, school, or other venue where clients receive services.
- Maintains accurate, current, and complete service records according to established timelines, policies, procedures, funding sources, grants, and/or contracts.
- Generates reports according to guidelines, requirements, and procedures including web-based portals and internal reporting procedures.
- Develops strong alliances and support within the service-providing agencies in the community. Advocates for the individuals receiving services and Inspiritus.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with relevant community partners, evaluating appropriateness of referrals to these partners and ensuring clients gain access to needed services.
- Evaluates potential and established caregivers and their homes for safety, well-being, permanency and contract compliance. Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Enters accurate, timely case information into database system and is capable of producing required reports in full compliance with all contractual requirements
- Displays independence in working with families in various settings (i.e., in home, and community based).
- Provides funders contract deliverables to Home Study/Post Release Services clients.
- Complies with the various federal, state or local laws that apply to and regulate the job responsibilities.
- Strives toward excellence in the areas of innovation, performance and extraordinary acts.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Advance Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Partnership & Relationship Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Travel: Up to 50% local travel
Required Education and Experience
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Bachelors Degree in social work or another social science field such as sociology or psychology from an accredited school with at least 3-5 years of experience or Masters Level.
- Some previous experience such as direct casework or supervision of individuals receiving services.
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, negotiation and problem solving.
- Ability to function independently, work remotely and have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with children, co-workers and support agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Demonstrated counseling skills.
- Must have personal vehicle, valid state drivers license, good driving record and appropriate personal auto insurance. (Limits of the auto insurance are $100,000K Bodily Injury per person and $300,000 per occurrence and $100,000 Property Damage per occurrence.)
- Must be computer and internet literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, competencies, skills and knowledge that ensures the successful completion of the essential job responsibilities.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prefer 1-2 years of supervised social work experience working directly with children and families.
- Masters level Social Worker or equivalent with licensure
- Expertise and experience with Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) policies and procedures regarding family reunification of unaccompanied immigrant children
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits at a glance
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=76952&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: May 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000
- Working Hours: Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.