Adventure Science Center
Guest Services Representative
Adventure Science Center
Position Title: Guest Services Representative
Reports to: Associate Manager, Guest Services
Position Designation: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Adventure Science Center’s purpose is to transform lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation, and our vision is to become a nationally renowned destination science center. ASC provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines. ASC supports STEM education and workforce development through industry collaboration by presenting science in an engaging, innovative manner.
As a member of Adventure Science Center’s Guest Services team, each member is expected to deliver consistent, quality service with enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and respect to all ASC guests. This position is responsible to complete all front desk functions as trained and assigned. Perform your job with a sense of pride in his/her own work, while also contributing to the success of his/her co-workers as well as the entire Adventure Science Center organization.
- Welcome visitors and sell admission tickets
- Learn and understand how our exhibits work and how to utilize that knowledge to ensure that our visitors have a positive, unique, and fun experience
- Work as a team to ensure the lobby and front desk are clean and presentable to visitors
- Answer guest questions and help resolve concerns.
- Answer phone and guest questions as needed
- Offer a positive experience in person and on the phone
- Provide friendly, prompt, and accurate customer service
- Balance cash drawer at the end of each day
- Welcome and accommodate school and private groups
- Train for and Work exhibit operation as needed
- Coat check and stroller rental as needed
- Proactively engage guests in personal, inspiring interactions while showing genuine enthusiasm about ASC
- Anticipate guest needs and solve issues or concerns with a positive, courteous, respectful, professional attitude
- Interact on all phone calls with the same positive, helpful, courteous, respectful, and professional attitude
- Learn and perform core operational functions of guest safety and wayfinding
- Learn and carry out emergency procedures and protocols for incidents when necessary
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND TRAITS
- Basic knowledge of customer service principles, techniques systems, and standards
- Basic knowledge of computer programs
- Ability to solve practical problems and resolve a variety of situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple personality types.
- Willingness to learn information to enhance job knowledge in order to inform guests more effectively
- Preferred previous guest relations experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to work independently
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable, flexible, and personable
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions in customer service
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be capable of general physical movement i.e. standing and bending throughout the day.
- Availability to work peak days and hours, a combination of weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- We are playful and passionate experimenters.
- We think big, embrace risk, and evolve our ideas in order to lead.
- We are collaborative with each other and our whole community.
- We foster diversity, curiosity, and creativity to make our experience unique.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Free onsite parking
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Complimentary membership to Adventure Science Center
- Free or discounted admission to local venues including The Nashville Zoo, The Frist Art Museum, Nashville Shores, Cheekwood Estate and Gardens, and more!
- Eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Electronic submission is required for all materials. To expedite processing, please reference “Guest Services Representative” in the subject line of your message.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
- Date Posted: July 25, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/07/2023
- Salary Range: 16.00
- Working Hours: Typically 20-25 hours per week, Thursday-Monday