Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OVERVIEW:
Habitat provides homeownership opportunities for working men and women who are unable to obtain a traditional mortgage in Davidson, Dickson, Wilson, Cheatham and Robertson counties. In support of our mission, Habitat operates several retail stores, known as the ReStore. Since being established in 1985, over 1,000 homes have been built, recycled or renovated locally, serving over 3,400 family members including over 2,200 children. The Director of Grants is a critical position in securing and fulfilling ongoing funding for Habitat’s work and mission.
The Grants Manager supports the Director of Grants with the preparation, writing, submission, fulfillment and tracking of grants for agency needs including but not limited to house sponsorship opportunities, technology, land and land development, and other needs. Handles grant fulfillment for assigned grants, including maintaining internal electronic and paper records as well as external distribution of supporting materials as required by the respective funder. Also provides coordination and administrative support for certain Administrative functions of the agency. Responsible for Board relations support through the maintenance of email contact list, the development, distribution and retention of Board and Executive Committee meeting materials in an accurate, effective and visually appealing manner, and coordination of the in-person meetings. Participates in the rotation for back-up for the front desk to handle visitors and calls. This position reports to the Director of Grants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
GRANT WRITING, REPORTING, FULFILLMENT AND TRACKING (80%)
- Contributes to the agency’s ongoing grant application process, including writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting, and tracking grant proposals from inception though fulfillment. Primary responsibility includes all non-government grants (corporate and foundation) and may support the Director of Grants with tasks on government grants.
- Writes sponsorship grants, coordinating with the appropriate Department Head resource
- Supports the reporting of grant results to funder, utilizing Salesforce as the deadline tracking tool.
- Documents donor data, grant outcomes/feedback, and historical findings in Salesforce and grant files for effective grants management and tracking.
- Coordinates authorization of agreements, contracts, and promissory notes related to grant funding along with retention of such documents.
- Coordinates with the finance, construction, homeowner services and development departments regarding financial accounting, procurement/ purchasing standards, property management information (including obtaining from the construction department copies of Energy Star certificates and Final Use & Occupancy Letters as they pertain to grants), and audits, including grant fulfillment deadlines and established data tracking standards.
- Supports grant-closing procedures, including but not limited to reporting and audits.
ADMINISTRATION – 10%
- Provide administrative support for the CAO including processing invoices and other expenses and scheduling appointments
- Support CAO and other senior leadership in Board and Advisory Council relationships, orientation and communication, and annual criminal screening process.
- Develop and maintain Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Advisory Council meeting materials including meeting packets, minute and presentations, and distributes and archives these.
- Work with CAO in support of the Directors Nominating Committee, including candidacy materials and Board Orientation Training materials
- Serve as one of the scheduled back-ups for the Front Desk, providing 1 hour lunch coverage on a rotating schedule, plus scheduled breaks and additional back-up as required.
ACTIVITIES, PROGRAMS AND SPECIAL EVENTS – 10%
- Supports the annual Strategic Planning Process, including logistics and materials for all related Planning retreats, including the Board and Advisory Board Planning Retreat
- Supports agency-wide activities, programs and special events as directed by management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Write comprehensive grant proposals to secure funding from corporations and foundations in support of agency programs and initiatives
- Support government grant processes and activities under the direction of the Director of Grants including expenditure tracking, grant draws and file maintenance
- Support the Board of Directors and Advisory Council nominating and onboarding processes and meetings
- Prepare documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint; also uses Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and Salesforce
- Strong communication, organization and computer skills to support Grants function and Administration department activities and personnel
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required, with a minimum of 1-2 years in grant-writing or other grant support or data management activities strongly preferred
- Must have an attention to detail and excellent computer skills and aptitude
- Requires excellent written communication skills, strong business ethics, impeccable integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Requires proven expertise with Microsoft 365, including Office Suite, Teams, and Salesforce
- This position requires excellent time-management, communication, documentation, multi-tasking and organization skills, the ability to meet deadlines and impeccable integrity in handling confidential matters.
- The candidate must have strong moral and business ethics.
- The candidate must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
- Date Posted: May 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: M-F , 40 hrs/wk