Greater Nashville Regional Council
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced grant writer and administrator to join its Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD) in either a part-time or full-time capacity. The Department is responsible for carrying out GNRC’s role as the region’s state and federally-designated Economic Development District and provides a range of services that help local communities become more equitable and prosperous by aligning infrastructure improvements and community development projects with economic development initiatives. Specifically, the ECD team is charged with regional coordination, grant writing, and grant administration for a variety of state and federal programs. GNRC’s ECD team also provides small business assistance and loans.
Duties of the position may include:
- Preparing state and federal grant applications on behalf of local governments and non-profit organizations;
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of environmental reviews as required by federal grant awards;
- Providing grant administration services to include preparing documents and reports, processing invoices/pay requests, conducting payroll reviews, maintaining project databases, and organizing files for monitoring and/or audit;
- Strengthening partnerships with public agencies and private sector organizations engaged in economic development initiatives;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and other plans developed by GNRC;
- Collaborating with GNRC’s planning team to carry out stakeholder and public engagement activities;
- Preparing and presenting reports to boards and committees, partner organizations, and the general public;
- Conducting research and analysis on issues and trends related to economic and community development;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Economic and Community Development.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in public or business administration, economic development, community and regional planning, political science, nonprofit management, or a related field is preferred. A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a related field may be substituted for a master’s degree. The ideal candidate will hold a professional certification from a national or state organization in the field of economic and community development or planning. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Travel Expectations: This position will require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen-county region. A valid driver’s license and/or access to personal transportation is required.
Remote Work Flexibility: This is not a remote position. The selected candidate will be expected to work onsite on core business days. Work-from-home flexibility is provided, when possible, at the discretion of the Manager.
Compensation and Benefits: The minimum starting pay will depend on experience and qualifications. GNRC offers a fully paid pension through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System and provides an optional 401k with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 3% of gross salary. GNRC also offers a full benefits package (If full-time) that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and more. Inquire for more information about benefits
How to Apply
If Interested please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
GNRC was established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: January 12, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development