Sexual Assault Center
Full-Time Clinical Therapist
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: Provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation, and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives.
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
- Full-Time position. Some evening hours are required.
- Salaried position at $45,000 annually. Opportunity for a higher rate of pay for independently licensed clinicians.
- The starting salary for independently licensed clinicians is $48,000 annually with a $500 increase for every year of clinical experience post-independent licensure.
- Provide quality and effective trauma-informed therapy, both individual and group, to various clients impacted by sexual assault/abuse. This can include clients at SAC as well as clients at MOU partners including Magdalene/Thistle Farms and Nashville Children’s Alliance.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Support peers by participating in weekly Clinical Team meetings and case staffing.
- Actively participate in individual clinical supervision.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, in support of client needs, and on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited university or college with a master’s degree in social work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology, that meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-graduate clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience with trauma-informed care is required.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population is preferred.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing clinical support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware, and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record-keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
SAC offers a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, supplemental AFLAC benefits, 401k, and paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please submit a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Full-Time Clinical Therapist” to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sexual Assault Center is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other prioritized populations.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: May 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $45,000-$48,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk