Rural Health Association of Tennessee
Finance and Grants Manager
Rural Health Association of Tennessee
About Rural Health Association of Tennessee (RHA):
RHA is a 501(c)3 non-profit with the mission to lead the way for a healthy Tennessee through partnerships, advocacy, education, and resources. We are a member-led, staff-driven organization committed to making Tennessee among the healthiest states in America.
The Finance and Grants Manager is responsible for working with contract accounting staff to prepare and submit funder invoices and supporting documentation, assuring obligations of funder contracts are met, and developing and monitoring budgets. This position reports to the CEO.
- Develop and maintain a grant calendar for all funding requests and report deadlines.
- Prepare monthly invoices and supporting documentation to funders.
- Review all timesheets and expense reports for accuracy before submission to accounts receivable.
- Monitor financial activities in accordance with RHA’s Finance and Policy procedure manual:
- Approves expenditures, assuring proper expense allocations are assigned
- Monitors program and operational budgets and financial reports
- Reviews and approves all payroll
- Maintains all personnel files in a secured location
- Monitors cash flow, including appropriate release of temporarily restricted funds
- Reviews and approves all reimbursements and fund requests (except for own)
- Assists CEO with the development of annual and program budgets
- Reviews all incoming and outgoing invoices
- Monitors and manages all expenses to ensure compliance with policies and funders
- Signs handwritten checks with second signature as needed
- Reviews, revises, and maintains internal accounting controls and procedures
- Approves all new vendors entered into electronic (cloud based) financial system (QuickBooks)
- Processes all payments and manages the accounts payable process
- Verifies deposits are accurately recorded and allocated
- Organize grant close out meetings to facilitate a timely closeout of a grant, support full expenditure of the budget, and ensure that all contractual obligations will be met (e.g., final report, asset disposal).
- Attend funder calls as needed.
- Ensure compliance with grant rules and regulations.
Other Essential Functions
- Work cross functionally with other RHA staff to support all programs and organizational goals as identified by RHA strategic plan and contracts.
- Support internal controls and process improvements as related to time keeping, developing and/or updating policy and procedure documents, and tracking receipts.
- Attend relevant meetings and professional development workshops.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience, or 5 years experience in finance and/or operational related role.
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, communication (verbal and written), project management skills required.
- Proficient using technology, including Microsoft 360 applications.
- Experience working with a high-performing and collaborative team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to improving health among rural and other minority populations.
- Commitment to learning new things, developing as a leader, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Flexible with ability to manage multiple projects/grants.
- Must complete QuickBooks Certification within 6 months of hire (RHA will pay for certification coursework)
- Experience in a nonprofit or association setting.
- Experience with grant writing and management.
- Experience working with a remote team and remote management.
- Position is full-time with general operating hours 8:00 – 4:30am.
- This is a hybrid position with approximately 50% time spent in office and 50% remote
- Starting salary is $55,000 – 65,000 depending on experience
- 100% employee health insurance benefit option.
- Up to 30% travel to RHA office or event sites required
- Satisfactory completion of a background check is required.
How to Apply
Alternative: send a resume and cover letter detailing interest to email@example.com with Grants Manager in the subject line.
- Date Posted: April 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/01/2023
- Salary Range: 55000
- Working Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 pm