Family University Manager
The Alignment Nashville Family University Manager is an important member of a small and effective organization. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and reports to the Director of Collaborative Initiatives. This position will provide primary support to Family University, a program of Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools implemented by Alignment Nashville. This is a specially funded position; after the two-year grant expires, the position will be contingent upon continued funding.
Family University is an MNPS program implemented by Alignment Nashville. It is a two-year long program designed to provide educational enrichment and a series of trainings to students and families. The purpose is to encourage, empower and equip families with tools they need for success. This program will provide pathways for families to be effective partners and co-creators along with MNPS educators and other school leaders in their student’s success.
The Family University Manager will be responsible for the implementation of Family University in partnership with MNPS. As part of the Collaborative Initiatives team at Alignment Nashville, the Family University Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of Family University, which include the following:
- Ensuring that project deliverables adhere to agreed-upon timelines
- Event planning and management
- Facilitation of collaborative meetings with MNPS and other community partners
- Management of project budget
- Supervision of contracted support services
- Submission of required forms and reports to MNPS
- Supporting post-event data collection
- Coordination of course and workshop offerings for Family University
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills necessary:
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office products, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and comply with multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in a similar position
- Experience in family and community engagement settings
- Previous grant and/or project management experience
Environmental conditions and physical demands:
- The work environment involves every day risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there is some moving and carrying of light items.
- The employee should be able to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, observe details at close range and have the ability to communicate with others.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Alignment Nashville benefits include paid medical and dental for full-time employees as well as a range of optional benefits.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to Heather Chalos, Vice President, at email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education