Catholic Charities of TN
Family Reunification Clinical Case Manager
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Family Reunification (FR) Clinical Case Manager. The FR Clinical Case Manager is responsible for assessing and documenting the needs of clients reunifying with sponsors. This position conducts home visits and assessments with Unaccompanied Children and their sponsors to ensure client safety as well as to ensure that the needs of the reunified youth are appropriately met. The FR Clinical case manager will also appropriately document and follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS), and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. Additionally, the FR Clinical Case Manager will be responsible for managing a caseload of no more than 10 counseling clients at any given time as this position will provide intensive, in-home intervention for youth at risk of placement disruption. This position is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 2806 McGavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are typically from 8:00 am-4:30 pm, though some flexibility may be required outside of those hours.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of federal contracts for unaccompanied children services.
- Adhere to programmatic and contractual timelines for provision of services, including accurate reporting required by ORR/DCS and USCCB/MRS.
- Conduct home studies and assessments with prospective sponsors to assess the suitability and safety of the potential placement, home and verify relationship. The FR Clinical Case Manager will identify and report any issues or challenges that may indicate an unsafe or inappropriate environment, or sponsor who does not appear to hold the best interests of the child in high regard.
- Utilize training and expertise to assess safety and well-being of minors and/or sponsors or prospective sponsors, and subsequently make all necessary reports in a timely manner, if needed.
- Conduct home visits for children released from ORR custody who are referred to Safe Passages, as meeting the criteria for Post-Release Services. The FR Clinical Case Manager will complete comprehensive report following the visits, and submit them within the identified timeframe.
- Provide information and education to sponsors regarding school registration, attendance requirements, teacher communication, building relationships with key school personnel, monitoring grades and educational progress and resources for academic assistance for minors.
- Assist clients in obtaining reputable legal representation for immigration proceedings by providing referrals
- Provide case management services according to program guidelines and mandates.
- Provide clinical counseling to a case load of no more than 10 clients at any given time.
- Provide intensive, in-home intervention for clients at risk of placement disruption.
- Consult regularly with clinical supervisor and colleagues on specific client-related challenges.
- Provides interpretation services for clients as needed.
- Document all services and activities and ensure client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Serve as liaison with other community agencies, health providers, and professional partners.
- Complete any required reports or data collection activities as prescribed by funders, partners, or agency leadership in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews program guidelines and updates and participates in trainings to increase professional knowledge and to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work and be licensed or working towards licensure.
- Experience providing comprehensive case management services within a family setting is preferred.
- Experience working across cultures preferred.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior and child development and the ability to use various methods and techniques of counseling with adults, children, and families.
OTHER SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville and surrounding counties.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases, and other systems, including Salesforce.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1534147/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Family-Reunification-Clinical-Case-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: August 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.