Family Counselor (MST)- Knoxville, TN
ASK ABOUT OUR $6,000 SIGN-ON PAYMENT!
ASK ABOUT OUR $2,000 RELOCATION!
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Multisystemic Therapy is an evidence-based therapeutic model designed to provide community-based treatment for the families of juveniles who are involved, or at risk of being involved, in the juvenile justice system; thereby reducing their risk of being placed outside of the home. MST focuses on treating the youth (12 – 17 years of age) within their natural ecology by addressing the multisystemic factors that impact their behaviors within their family, peer group, school setting, and community. As an MST Family Counselor, you would engage their primary caregiver and other key participants across the systems in developing and implementing interventions to improve school attendance and performance, decrease substance use, increase prosocial connections, and improve family functioning.
- Carries a caseload of 4-5 families. Intensive treatment requires counselor to meet with each family at least three times per week.
- Develops individualized treatment plans for each case. Ongoing assessments and reviews of treatment progress are performed on a regular basis
- Documents all sessions within a pre-established cycle time. Documentation is web-based and most locations provide voice-recognition technology.
- Providing after hours support to youth and families utilizing a rotating on-call schedule
- Drive up to 60-80 miles to meet with families in the home
- Counselors provide treatment in individual families’ homes in a wide array of settings and communities
- Works closely with multiple types of clinical supervision provided in individual and group settings led by trained and licensed MST professionals. Review of progress generally occurs at frequent intervals.
- Develops strong community relationships and resources with which to provide families as part of treatment.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
$46000 – $53000 / year based on education and clinical license
- Master’s degree in social services field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field is required. Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferred
- Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
- Strong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation
- Acceptable driving record – Three or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision
- Growth & development through continuous training
- Clinical and administrative advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
Apply Today: https://careers-youthvillages.icims.com/jobs/14633/family-counselor-%28mst%29/job
- Date Posted: February 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth