Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Family-Centered Coach Sumner County
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Works directly with participants in a collaborative process to help identify and achieve children, caregiver, and family goals. Using Family Centered Coaching, strives to serve the whole family, keeping the participants in the driver’s seat, and centering families as the experts on their own strengths and perceived challenges ahead. Position is located at the Tennessee Alliance for Economic Mobility in Gallatin, TN.
- Lead coached families in Care Coordination, helping build a team of support that surrounds each family and guides them towards their self-identified goals.
- Connect families with needed and available community resources including but not limited to TAEM partner’s services and TAEM’s Navigators and Specialists.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive services to caregivers including intake assessments, goal setting, long-term action plan development, progress monitoring (including ASSM and appropriate assessments), advocacy and referrals.
- Meet with family on a regularly scheduled basis (based on tiers) for 18-36 months on average.
- Maintain 25 enrolled families at a given time
- Conduct home visits as needed.
- Input family participation, progress, and assessments in TAEM’s data system. Use data to make informed decisions and improve family interactions and supports.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field is preferred, OR Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, with at least two years of experience working with families and young children.
- Nonprofit experience and training in trauma-informed care, family-centered coaching, conscious discipline, and ACES preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong management/organizational skills.
- Knowledge of inner-city human services needs and methods of delivery.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; ability to learn databases.
- Passion for working with people, especially with young children, and can maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Amount of travel and any other special conditions or requirements:
- County/regional travel required
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1263916/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Family-Centered-Coach
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: January 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.