Executive Director NAMI Davidson County
NAMI Davidson County, Nashville TN, is seeking an experienced, self-determined, and visionary leader to fill the Executive Director position at NAMI Davidson County. This position will be an exciting opportunity for someone to work alongside a Board of Directors in continuing to build an impactful and efficiently run non-profit organization. This position is headquartered in Nashville, TN.
About NAMI Davidson County: We are a 501c3 non-profit, grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with severe and persistent mental health issues and their loved ones through effective and innovative support, education, and advocacy. We are family members with lived experiences of many ages, cultures, and stages. NAMI Davidson County currently employs 8 dedicated staff members. Though independent, NAMI Davidson County is an affiliate of NAMI National and NAMI Tennessee.
- Lead and manage a team of employees, providing guidance, support, and mentorship
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration and teamwork
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including board members, donors, partners, and community leaders
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenue streams necessary to support the mission of NAMI Davidson County
- Develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals
- Implement processes and systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams effectively, fostering a positive work culture
- Incorporate principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) in all outreach and engagement work
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards
- At least five years of Non-profit leadership experience
- Familiarity with mental illness as a professional, caregiver, or individual living with a mental health condition
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft and Google platforms and tolls
- Fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong business acumen with a track record of successful strategic planning and execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in business development, including identifying opportunities, negotiating partnerships, and securing funding
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies to drive operational excellence
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
How to Apply
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a combination of strong leadership skills, business acumen, strategic thinking abilities, and a passion for making a positive impact. As the Executive Director, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of the organization and drive its success.
If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to lead an organization toward achieving its mission, we encourage you to apply. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Matt.email@example.com with your name, Executive Director in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Your cover letter should contain what expertise you will bring to NAMI Davidson County to justify an interview.
- Date Posted: February 8, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $90,000 per year
- Working Hours: 40+hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00AM-5:00PM