Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition
Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition
Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition (TBCC) is a grassroots organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Our mission is to be a provider for Tennesseans facing breast cancer through individual assistance, education, and legislative action.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plans of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, and management of the Emergency Access Fund (EAF). The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading TBCC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and future of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing and maintaining other revenues necessary to support TBCC’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of TBCC, including, but not limited to, the submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for supplying timely and accurate information on deposit and expense details to our CPA.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the organization including operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintaining the organization in a positive financial position.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for the implementation of TBCC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that TBCC can and will successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of TBCC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic organizations, private organizations, and media outlets.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent and qualified staff.
- Responsible for effective and efficient administration of TBCC’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining official records and documents, and ensuring compliance with state and local regulations.
- Responsible for regular management of the Emergency Access Fund – including application review and fund dispersal.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, and fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, and collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of the annual budget.
- Review and evaluate Emergency Access Fund (EAF) applications as they are received, distribute to the EAF committee for approval, and disperse funds to appropriate vendors to ensure patient’s needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Serve as the TBCC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance TBCC’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other avenues of revenue.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee the organization of board and committee meetings.
- Establishment of employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Other duties as assigned by and to the Board of Directors.
- May require some travel.
- A degree in Non-Profit Management is highly recommended, but not required. Business Administration or a related degree not required, but helpful. Health Science and/or Social Service related fields are not required but recommended.
- Transparent and high-integrity leadership.
- Three to five years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, media, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Valid Driver’s License
This job does not include health insurance or benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and any other supporting documentation to Lindsay Bridges via email with ED Search in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be sent to this email address.
- Date Posted: January 23, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $70,000-$72,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk