Cookeville Rescue Mission, Inc.
Cookeville Rescue Mission, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Executive Director for the Cookeville Rescue Mission
REPORTS TO: Cookeville Rescue Mission Board of Directors
The executive director is responsible for providing Christian leadership, analysis, planning, and implementation of strategies to fulfill the purpose of the ministry while also promoting the financial health of the Cookeville Rescue Mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implements the vision of the Board of Directors.
- Works with the Board in the creation of a strategic plan.
- Champions the strategic plan and ensures it is implemented, monitored, and evaluated, and results are reported bi-monthly to the Board of Directors.
- Develops and annually updates the business plan.
- Develops the budget for the Board of Directors’ approval, ensuring the financial health of the organization is protected.
- Develops the public relations and outreach campaign each year for the Board of Directors approval.
- Provides leadership to all aspects of the ministry.
- Creates a strong leadership team to ensure the smooth operations of the day-to-day aspects of the ministry.
- Ensures risk management strategies are in place to mitigate negative exposure to the Board of Directors, staff, Guests, Donors, and the assets of the organization, including reputation.
- Ensures the policies and procedures are reviewed and revised where indicated annually.
- Ensures the job descriptions are reviewed and revised where indicated annually.
- Ensures the key success indicators for all aspects of the ministry are identified annually and results reported to the Board of Directors bi-monthly.
- Ambassador and liaison with all key partners in the community on behalf of the Board of Directors.
- Manages community complaints, ensuring quality improvement strategies are created, implemented, and monitored for the benefit of all.
- Creates the Annual Report for the Board for the Director’s approval.
- Ensures all reports for local funding sources are completed accurately and timely with bi-monthly updates to the Board of Directors.
- Serves as Staff to the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This individual must be bondable and trustworthy with highly proprietary and confidential information.
- The Executive Director is accountable for all aspects of the ministry, which includes a Men’s division, a Single Women’s division, a Family division
- The Executive Director is responsible for hiring decisions, personnel evaluations and management, and, where called for, termination of employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone, and other office and/or clerical equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate status, findings, and projections. Must be able to create the vision, as well as create the strategies for successful implementation. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May require evening and weekend work to meet timelines or other strategic projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Born-again Christian
- Excellent people skills; ability to work well with others
- Professional attitude
- Mature and responsible work ethic
- Good judgment and high ethical standards
- Exudes confidence
- Measure of patience
- Sense of humor
- Anger management
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks; experienced in the unique requirements and potential pitfalls of multiple projects being completed simultaneously.
- Able to effectively and efficiently discern the requirements and objectives to be achieved
- Known for attention to detail, business knowledge, and the ability to maintain a positive business manner
- Ability to foresee adverse conditions/issues and implement the appropriate resolution measures in advance of any adverse impact on the project
- Demonstrates experience in business development, marketing, and securing and managing multi-contracts
- Successful track record of hiring, motivating, supporting, developing, and supervising staff
- Experience managing change and growth
- Familiarity with nonprofit management, including at least two years in senior management
- Success in writing or overseeing the writing of grant proposals
- Successful track record in financial management of budgets, ability to make resource allocation decisions that get the largest yield
- Track record of creating a strong voice about issues affecting the homeless
- Demonstrated success as a leader, with the ability to develop a vision and ability to communicate that vision both internally and externally
- Track record as a creative, strategic thinker
- Willingness to travel occasionally if needed
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred but not required; a minimum of two years experience in a leadership role of Social Services, Missions, Church, or Operations; and a proven track record of meeting timelines and budgets with high customer satisfaction. A minimum of two years experience in a senior management position. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
In-depth knowledge of leadership principles. Ability to handle responsibilities independently, with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as labor laws, grants, and policies and procedures. Ability to write reports, presentations, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of citizens, donors, employees, or other associates. Ability to facilitate meetings and negotiation processes. Ability to manage conflict.
Ability to do financial modeling, prepare budgets, analyze budgets, and forecasting. Make financial recommendations to the Board of Directors on investments.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to listen for the real issues being communicated and identify the root cause(s) of the problem.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Tennessee State Driver License
- Automobile Insurance
- Basic First Aid
• Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Personal Days, plus nine paid holidays a year
How to Apply
Apply online by visiting https://cookevillerescuemission.org/employment and choosing the Executive Director position.
- Date Posted: January 12, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM