Lawyers' Association for Women - Marion Griffin Chapter
Lawyers' Association for Women - Marion Griffin Chapter
The Lawyers’ Association for Women – Marion Griffin Chapter emphasizes and addresses issues of concern to women within the legal profession and legal issues affecting women generally. In particular, we strive:
- to promote the efficient administration of justice and the constant improvement of the law, especially as it relates to women;
- to advocate for increased numbers of qualified women on the bench and to work for improvement of the overall quality of the bench;
- to encourage the participation of women in local, state, national, and specialty bar associations, particularly at leadership levels;
- to monitor and to participate as amicus curiae in litigation involving issues of concern to women;
- to promote the participation of minority attorneys in the Association;
- to promote the participation of new attorneys in the Association;
- to promote career opportunities for women within the legal profession, including the dissemination of job availability information and the exploration of alternative work options;
- to promote diversity in the legal workplace and within the legal profession generally;
- to foster public dialogue about unjust societal discrimination and bias;
- to enhance the quality of life in the community by active participation in community service;
- to explore the impact of and keep pace with technology relative to the workplace and the practice of law; and
- to enhance the legal knowledge and skills of attorneys in the Association.
The Executive Director (“Director”) of the Lawyers’ Association for Women – Marion Griffin Chapter (“LAW”) serves as a part-time independent contractor of LAW. The Director also provides administrative support to the Lawyers’ Association for Women Marion Griffin Chapter Foundation (the “Foundation”) and its board. The Director is integral to the success of LAW as s/he provides and coordinates the management and administrative services necessary to maintain the organization’s daily operations, activities, and initiatives in alignment with the strategic direction and oversight provided by LAW’s Board of Directors (“Board”) and President. These management and administrative services include the essential functions and responsibilities noted below, as well as other services supporting LAW’s mission as directed by the Board or President.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Programs & Events
- In coordination with the Program Committee and other relevant Committees, schedule, plan, advertise, and attend Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) programs and social events.
- In coordination with members of the Board, schedule, plan, advertise, and coordinate LAW’s signature events, including the annual New Admittees’ Breakfast and the annual Members’ Banquet.
- Lead and coordinate sponsorship outreach and engagement on behalf of LAW for events, including the annual New Admittees’ Breakfast and the annual Members’ Banquet.
- Serve as the primary platform administrator for virtual programs and events.
Communications & Marketing
- Manage all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), and monitor activity to gauge effectiveness and engagement.
- Monitor social media analytics and trends, implementing new strategies as needed.
- Maintain the LAW website and ensure information is updated.
- Create and distribute monthly email newsletters to members.
- Create and distribute additional email blasts as needed.
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and actively participate in LAW Board meetings.
- Provide or oversee the preparation and maintenance of Board and Committee documents, including agendas, minutes, and other LAW documents in an organized and accessible manner.
- Lead or support special projects or initiatives for LAW as requested by the President or Board.
- Lead or support the achievement of annual goals as established each year by the Board.
Membership & Volunteer Coordination
- Manage annual membership renewal process.
- Support and assist the Membership Committee with the recruitment of members.
- Coordinate and support Committees and Committees’ initiatives.
Financial Management & Operations
- Provide day-to-day bookkeeping and financial management of LAW’s accounts, revenue collection, and payment of expenses.
- Coordinate with LAW’s Treasurer and LAW’s CPA for preparation of tax documents.
- Administer and oversee the maintenance and security of all data and electronic systems utilized by LAW.
- Concurrently provide administrative support to the Foundation and its board, with similar assigned duties and responsibilities to those above.
- Established record of administrative, management, and financial supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks Online, Sprout Social, and Wild Apricot or similar membership software.
- Capable of working effectively with people of all backgrounds at all levels
- Experience with a professional or nonprofit organization, or comparable experience.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organization, and management skills.
- Experience and ability in volunteer management.
- Experience in multi-tasking and teamwork.
- Law or other advanced degree preferred; practical experience in the legal field will be considered.
How to Apply
Contact Courtney Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 29, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Start Date: 04/01/2024
- Salary Range: varied based on experience
- Working Hours: varied up to 20 per week