Adventure Science Center
Adventure Science Center
Position Title: Executive Coordinator
Reports To: President/CEO
FLSA Designation: Exempt/FT position working 40 hrs. per week
Annual Salary: $55,000.00
Date Written/Revised: December 2023
Adventure Science Center’s mission is to open every mind to the wonders of science and technology, fostering a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us. ASC provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines. ASC supports STEM education and workforce development through industry collaboration by presenting science in an engaging, innovative manner.
The Executive Coordinator, a member of the Executive Leadership Team, is the primary liaison between the CEO and internal and external stakeholders, fostering collaborative relationships through effective communication and priority setting. This position provides overall support to the CEO as well as other members of the executive leadership team through problem-solving, innovative solutions, and promoting overall organizational effectiveness. The Executive Coordinator together with the CEO is the main liaison between the organization and the Board of Trustees and meets all these obligations with the highest level of professionalism, positive demeanor, integrity, and utmost discretion.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with the CEO to establish an effective schedule, connecting with key constituents and prioritizing where appropriate in line with organizational priorities and needs. This includes any travel information, catering, materials preparation, etc.
- Initiates securing meetings with supporters, key clients, and others as designated by CEO’s priorities
- Prepares information for CEO meetings and debriefs with CEO after meetings for follow-up. Works with the CEO to develop a consistent communication plan for strategic partners and key clients
- Partners with the CEO to set effective internal and external communication strategies and channels to ensure stakeholders are kept informed and connected to ASC priorities and programs. This includes preparation of correspondence, phone calls, and email communications in a demeanor befitting the organization and its leadership
- Serves as a repository for information on community leaders, legislators, and ASC supporters to foster effective stewardship actions by the CEO
- Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in discussing organizational priorities and setting operational goals and objectives. Supports effective meetings through agenda setting, presentation preparation, and gathering critical information in advance
- Coordinates preparations for Board of Trustees quarterly meetings as well as Board Committee meetings including agenda creation, management of presentation materials, and disseminating timely materials including agendas, reference materials, minutes, etc.
- Manages budgets including expenditure tracking for CEO and Board related expenses
- Serves as a proxy for the CEO for internal queries when the CEO is not available, problem-solving as appropriate to ensure daily operations advance with minimal interruption
- Completes special projects and assignments as required around improved systems and operational success
- Support overall operations through guest service, attendance at special events and stewardship activities, and be an active participant in any emergency preparedness activities and training
- Associate/bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience is required
- Two or more years of executive-level support experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Management of sensitive information and adherence to strict ethical standards
- Ability to remain neutral in office issues and carry function of position with the highest level of integrity
- Capacity to safeguard confidential information and Professionals Code of Ethics is essential
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there is some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items. Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity
- Some repetitive motion is involved
- We are playful and passionate experimenters
- We think big, embrace risk, and evolve our ideas in order to lead.
- We are collaborative with each other and our whole community.
- We foster diversity, curiosity, and creativity to make our experience unique.
Benefits and Perks
- Free onsite parking
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Personal Days, plus 11 paid holidays a year
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Complimentary membership to Adventure Science Center
- Free or discounted admission to local venues including The Nashville Zoo, The First Art Museum, Nashville Shores, Cheekwood Estate and Gardens, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free Counseling and Legal Services)
- Eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
- Date Posted: January 5, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/22/2024
- Salary Range: $55,000.00
- Working Hours: Primarily M-F, 8:30a-5:00p