Adventure Science Center
Executive Assistant to CEO
Adventure Science Center
Position Title: Executive Assistant to President/CEO
Reports To: President/CEO
FLSA Designation: Exempt/FT position working 40 hrs. per week
Date Written/Revised: May 10, 2023
Adventure Science Center’s purpose is to transform lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation, and our vision is to become a nationally renowned destination science center. ASC provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines. ASC supports STEM education and workforce development through industry collaboration by presenting science in an engaging, innovative manner.
Under general direction of the President/CEO, is directly responsible for acting as the key organizing liaison between the Board and CEO, and for supporting and assisting the CEO in carrying out the day-to-day duties of his position. The Assistant to the CEO will be the CEO’s primary logistical connection to donors/prospects, board members, key clients, strategic partners, elected officials, leadership staff, and others. As such, the Executive Assistant to the CEO must maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity, be proactive in preventing and solving problems, maintain an overall organizational awareness, and convey a demeanor befitting the organization and its leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages CEO’s schedule, securing meetings, prioritizing requests for meetings and making changes to schedule.
- Assists CEO in securing meetings with donors/prospects, key clients, and others as designated.
- Prepares CEO for meetings with information preparation and debriefs CEO after meetings for follow-up. Works with CEO to develop a consistent communication plan for strategic partners and key clients.
- Works with CEO and key staff to develop and maintain an e-mail contact plan to include key clients, donors/prospects, and strategic partners.
- Maintains an efficient system to collect critical information related to key clients, donors/prospects, volunteers, committees, and others as directed by CEO.
- Develops and maintains knowledge on community leaders, ASC sponsors, and board members and their assistants.
- Liaison with Executive Leadership Team; setting meetings, coordinating schedules, producing agendas, and recording and sharing outcomes.
- Coordinates all preparations for meetings of board and board committees, notating meeting minutes.
- Serves as the point person for implementing and managing the board engagement/communication software tool.
- Responsible for collecting meeting minutes for board meetings and board committee meetings
- Coordinates CEO’s travel plans and schedules, securing airline, hotel and rental car reservations, and preparing travel itineraries.
- Tracks expenditures to budget for CEO and Board-related expenses.
- Prepares letters and other forms of correspondence as needed by the CEO.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by CEO.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience is required
- Requires a minimum of five years of Executive Assistant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrates understanding of sensitive information and adhere to strict ethical standard
- Ability to remain neutral in office issues and carry function of position with highest level of integrity
- Capacity to safeguard confidential information and Professionals Code of Ethics is essential
- Attend monthly staff meetings as scheduled
- Perform core operational functions of guest safety and wayfinding
- Assist during emergency and evacuation situations
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there is some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items. Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
- We are playful and passionate experimenters
- We think big, embrace risk, and evolve our ideas in order to lead.
- We are collaborative with each other and our whole community.
- We foster diversity, curiosity and creativity to make our experience unique.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Free onsite parking
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Vacation Time, Sick Time and Personal Days, plus 11 paid holidays a year
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Complimentary membership to Adventure Science Center
- Free or discounted admission to local venues including The Nashville Zoo, The Frist Art Museum, Nashville Shores, Cheekwood Estate and Gardens and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free Counseling and Legal Services)
- Eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is intended to be a description of the general nature and level of work to be performed. This position profile should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. These responsibilities and duties are subject to change at any time based on organizational needs.
- Date Posted: May 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/05/2023
- Salary Range: 55,000-65,000
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:30a-5:00p