Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Executive Assistant and Board Liaison
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Work for one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well. We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant and Board Liaison. The Executive Assistant and Board Liaison will be responsible for providing daily assistant to the President/CEO including serving as a liaison to a 60+ Board of Trustees, Advisory Board, and Trustees Emeritus.
- Facilitates President’s on-going communication with Board of Trustees; maintains rosters of Board Members and Committee Members; manages the Board Portal and all facets of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, Governance Committee and Strategic Planning Committee mailings and meeting set up; transcribes minutes and prepares meeting documents, planning, etc.
- Keeps attendance records of Board Meetings, distributes and compiles questionnaires for new and continuing Board members; record keeping of governance documentation; coordinates orientation for new trustees and provides for recognition for outgoing Board members.
- Oversees and manages the President’s calendar, electronic and hard copy filing system, correspondence (paper and email), mailings, contacts, answers, and screens incoming phone calls.
- Monitors President/CEO’s emails and handles as appropriate those not requiring the CEO’s direct response.
- Schedules internal and external meetings and luncheons; coordinates social events that the President originates and arranges details associated with such events including meeting/event room reservations, transportation on campus, collecting lunch orders, placing orders, and picking up lunch. Provides table settings for in-office lunch meetings 2-3 times a week.
- Oversees and directs all protocols for visiting dignitaries, VIPS and visitors to the President’s Office
- Researches and works with the Development Department to create dossiers for all meetings with donors and special guests.
- Creates highly designed power points for the President/CEO throughout the year, including handling all IT necessary for presentations both on-site and off-site.
- Drafts and distributes thank you notes, including weekly notes to all donors making gifts of $1500 or more.
- Plans & organizes bi-annual off-site Senior Team Planning Retreats.
- Assists President/CEO with responsibilities related to additional external Boards & Committee responsibilities, including organizing and planning for meetings and related special events.
- Manages the President’s office, purchasing supplies, preparing birthday cards, maintaining inventory of gifts for guests, ordering flowers and gifts when requested.
- Maintains close communication with VP of Human Resources to keep President/CEO informed of staff weddings, births, etc. to ensure cards/notes are sent as appropriate.
- Travel arrangements as necessary.
- Maintains archives of organizational documents and promotional materials for easy reference.
- Basic accounting – monthly credit card reconciliation, in-house transfers, purchase orders, reimbursements, oversees President’s office budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience as an executive level administrative assistant, at least five years.
- Preferred experience in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Pleasant, polite, personable, and enthusiastic.
- Skilled at monitoring incoming calls and maintaining confidentiality with staff, donors, and external contacts.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365 desktop and web apps which include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and using Adobe Acrobat Pro for PDF editing on a Windows PC or Mac.
- Experience managing digital meetings for both in-person and remote attendees using Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work an onsite flexible work schedule (occasional night and weekend work) and be reachable by phone during non-office hours.
Cheekwood offers a comprehensive array of valuable benefits to full-time team members to protect health, family and way of life including Health Insurance with an HRA (Cheekwood pays 90% of the cost of one of the employee-only plans), Dental (Cheekwood pays a portion of the premium), Vision, Life Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 403b (with a generous employer match offered), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Holidays. Aflac products are also available.
Cheekwood follows the CDC’s Covid-19 recommendations and has a voluntary vaccine policy.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To Apply: https://cheekwood.org/about/join-our-team/
- Date Posted: April 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 05/02/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk