TN Performing Arts Center
TN Performing Arts Center
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Event Manager supports the Event Management department to ensure a successful event from advance to event day for the diverse events TPAC offers annually, including internal events, TPAC and WMA programming, TPAC Education, TPAC Resident Companies, State, and rental clients. The Event Manager serves as the representative and central point of communication on assigned events between the client, venue, and outside vendors by acquiring all event details while effectively coordinating event needs with all internal departments. Working closely with the event operations team, the Event Manager ensures event needs and client requests are successfully executed from load-in to load-out to maintain a smooth event day and client satisfaction.
- Advances the event as assigned to the artist, promoter, or tour manager once booking and contract have been completed by Programming.
- Acquires manages and maintains all event-specific information and verifies event needs and requests internally with Security, Guest Services, Tech, Food and beverage, Education, and Box Office departments.
- Works closely with the Technical Department to keep track of any production needs on stage while coordinating all services needed off stage throughout the venue from backstage to the front of the house.
- Compiles comprehensive event notes, room diagrams, and parking plans while ensuring that all event details have been confirmed by internal departments and communicated appropriately.
- Acts as venue representative to the client during the event day monitoring execution and changes in event logistics from the beginning of load-in to load-out.
- Coordinates all event elements from parking, backstage access, hospitality, security, timeline, setup, Meet & Greets, and any other items pertinent to the proper and successful operation of the event. Reports issues as they arise during the event day to the Director of Event Management.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date event files, records, databases, and permits. Has a working knowledge of deal structures and event expenses to support the Director and Programming Department at the time of settlement.
- Proactively manages all event set-ups, and activations, and ensures required equipment is prepared and delivered according to event needs, requests, and diagrams.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two to four years of Event Management, Event Operations, or Production experience or training in the public assembly industry preferred.
- Intuitive communication and listening skills, including the ability to constructively resolve conflicts, while interacting with varying levels of staff, artists, vendors, and clients.
- Strong leadership while working as a positive, motivated team member, fostering helpful and cooperative conduct, and willingness to learn and work with others.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task under pressure with the ability to anticipate problems and implement corrective action.
- A “can do” service attitude, consistently providing excellent customer service to every client, whether internal or external, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and pro-active work ethic.
- Experience with crowd management and remaining calm under pressure.
- Experience with CAD or room diagram software.
- Independent and critical thinking, making competent and timely decisions in the best interest of all concerned while addressing TPAC, State, and local laws, policies, and procedures.
Software and Services Used
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat
- Tessitura (training provided)
- Vizio (room diagram software – training provided)
- When I Work (scheduling software – training provided)
- VenueOps (venue management software – training provided)
Essential Functions and Working Conditions
The functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Physical: Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Dexterity, Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time
- Mental: Understanding & writing simple written/verbal communications, Analysis/Problem Solving, Judgement/Decision Making, Spatial Awareness, Basic Math Skills
- Work Environment: Shift work, Working with others, Verbal Communication, Face to Face Contact, Ability to work nights & weekends.
- Physical: Lifting
- Moves/Transports 25 lbs., Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping
- Work Environment: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures, loud Environments, working with flashing lights, Working in the dark, and Remote work potential.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic
Competitive benefit package-health & welfare, 401K, Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our career portal with ADP
- Date Posted: January 11, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture