Event Bartender (Part-time)
Work in one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
We are currently seeking an Event Bartender to prepare drinks and deliver excellent service to patrons while maintaining high quality customer service at cash bars and private events.
- Responsible for event and bar set up, execution and break down of all goods and trash removal until buildings are clean and ready to be secured by Cheekwood Security or cleared by Event Supervisor.
- Assists with pulling correct inventory, set up and stock bars, essentially responsible for bar operation throughout event. Including, but not limited to set up, service and break down. All remaining inventory is to be documented and returned to proper storage area at the end of each event with the Event Supervisor.
- Monitor building and grounds throughout events to ensure things are running smoothly, alert Security or Event Supervisor with any issues.
- Report any damage to Security and the Event Supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for set-up, operation of and break down of cash bars when appropriate, keeping accurate records of all inventory and sales, with equipment provided to be returned to Event Supervisor or rentals office as instructed
- Politely greet and service all customers when approached- including answering questions about Cheekwood’s history, programming, drink related, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have both a valid driver’s license and a current valid ABC Certificate
- Excellent client relation skills and advanced and extensive bar/alcohol knowledge.
- Must have the availability to work evenings, including weekends and some holidays in outdoor weather conditions. This position is a great opportunity for anyone looking for part-time and flexible.
Cheekwood follows the CDC’s Covid-19 recommendations and has a voluntary vaccine policy.
- Membership & Discounts: As an employee, you receive a Cheekwood membership, which entitles you to unlimited admission during regular Garden hours and a limited number of free tickets to special events. Members also receive discounts classes, ticketed events, and purchases at the Gift Shop. Your Cheekwood membership also include reciprocal admission for named members to more than 300 gardens though the American Horticultural Society.
- Reciprocal Admission: As an employee of Cheekwood you have free general admission access to many local cultural, historical, and art institutions as part of the employee admission program.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
All open positions listed at: https://cheekwood.org/about/join-our-team/
Direct Link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Apply/1558784
- Date Posted: March 1, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $15/$20