Evening Residential Counselor
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Evening Residential
Hours: Sun – Thurs 3-11 pm. (Hours may be adjusted determined by program needs).
Summary: Actively provide supervision and help coordinate activities for youth 13-17 staying in the Emergency Shelter.
- Provide supervision for youth shelter residents.
- Provide crisis line coverage.
- Coordinate and supervise activities for residents when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
- Provide group services when appropriate or assigned.
- Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
- Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
- Maintain consistent and timely records, including relevant reports to meet funding and licensing requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic counseling principals.
- Knowledge and ability to apply group work theory.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant experience.
Free employee dental/vision coverage
12 Paid Holidays
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Parental Leave
Free LTD & Life Policy
401k + up to 3% match
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Sam Freeman – email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 12, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-40K
- Working Hours: Sun -Thurs 3-11PM