Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Engagement Specialist for the Family Empowerment Program (FEP). This position is full-time, working Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
The Engagement Specialist develops key relationships among all sites including Family Resource Centers. This member will provide resource guidance, plan, and coordinate family engagement events, assist other CARE team members in planning workshops and trainings, and build trust among partners and sites in order for referrals and services to be shared cohesively along a continuum. This member will provide coaching services for families. The Specialist is oftentimes the primary contact for the family and is responsible for enrollment of participants into the FEP, obtaining all necessary signed documents, assessing family for needs, guiding families in goal setting around core areas of service, referring family to needed partners or providers in the community, and updating progress in the shared database until the family exits the program.
- Collaborates with existing partners to understand the current resources that are readily available to families in the FEP; distribute information to all FEP staff and clients.
- Actively make efforts to seek out and meet with other local community resources partners that could informally collaborate with the FEP to provide additional services and support to those in FEP.
- Engagement with families at the FRC to ensure that families have access to the services and support that they need.
Family Focused Event Planning
- Works with the care team to organize and coordinate 6 family focused events allowing for families to connect and build stronger bonds.
- Coordinates catering, vendor and other resource needs necessary for an engaging and inviting event for families.
- Ensures budget availability and billing requirements to ensure grant budget allowances are not exceeded.
- Coordinates with the FRC director, Catholic Charities marketing staff and UW on marketing and promotion for all events
- Maintains assigned caseload of families enrolled into the program at a given time.
- Provides holistic and comprehensive services to all participants including intake assessments, goal setting, long-term action plan development, progress monitoring, budgeting, advocacy, and referrals.
- Meets with family on a regular basis for 6-18 months on average.
- Connects families with needed and available community resources. Follows up with participants and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Inputs accurate and complete data for all interactions with participants into the Agency database.
- Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of a participant are valid.
- Communicates regularly with Employment Navigator, Financial Counselor, and other support systems as needed. Participates in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accepts responsibility for developing a cohesive and positive team culture.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, and professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in regular team meetings and planning sessions with the team.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in working with people experiencing poverty.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/coaching/social work practices.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to guide and motivate others toward achieving goals.
- Ability to convey non-judgmental and open personal qualities with a clear sense of boundaries.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality concerning participants and fellow employees.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Ability to interpret the Agency to the community in a positive manner.
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with the CARE team, the FEP team, FEP partners, potential FEP partners, and the community.
- Demonstrates credibility in all interactions and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts and resources.
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support by developing relationships that drive results.
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance; Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques.
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and objectives; continually tries to improve team effectiveness; Holds self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results; Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; Effectively interacts with others.
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in order to keep records, communicate within and outside of the Agency, and organize pertinent data and program materials.
- Regular work attendance.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1676120/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Engagement-Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.