Nashville Public Radio
Engagement Marketing Director
Nashville Public Radio
Are you someone who values the importance of amplifying the stories of people with unique voices? Do you love to create opportunities to spotlight community voices and vision? This role is responsible for understanding our brand so that we are able to curate customized journeys with memorable experiences for our audience(s) to know and grow with our brand(s). It our vision to expand our current public service reach by targeting traditionally underserved audiences that are younger and more diverse through psychographics, community involvement, digital strategy and overall strategy development and impact.
This primary responsibility of this role is overseeing Nashville Public Radio’s promotion and advertising efforts to drive membership and build brand awareness. The person in this role should have a strong multidisciplinary understanding of print and digital design. Additionally, the role requires a person that is highly collaborative and comfortable working with people from different disciplines and communicating conceptual ideas and design decisions with various stakeholders.
- Develops opportunities for brand awareness through events and brand activations.
- Draft communication to internal and external community via newsletters, text, email, official press releases, etc.
- Create and execute custom memorable experiences for each part of the audience funnel.
- Work closely with Development team in the determination of promotional and premium items for membership fund drives and other events.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion campaigns from concept through execution.
- Help manage volunteer staff for various events and community engagement activities.
- Create marketing materials that align with goals and objectives.
- Participate in the management of the social media platforms and other digital content.
- Deepen Community Engagement through a comprehensive audience engagement strategy.
- Oversee Email Program
- Team annual review for all marketing tools and resources
- Evaluation and Assessment for Audience Division
- Participates with management in determining appropriate marketing and promotion strategies for targeted demographics.
- 3+ years’ experience preferred in community activation, engagement, strategy and subscriber experience value
- Communications and Media
- English Language
- Sales and Marketing
- Customer and Personal Service
- Project management / planning
- Photo, video, and digital are editing
- Graphic design experience with creative and design platforms such as, but not limited to
- Adobe After Effects, CC, and Animate
Nashville Public Radio serves Middle Tennessee by providing trusted in-depth news, engaging music, and unique cultural programs on 90.3 FM WPLN News, WNXP, Nashville Classical Radio, and 1430 Am WPLN International. For more than 60 years, listeners have turned to this community supported service for programming that inspires conversation and curiosity, educates, and entertains. Our values are
- To operate the station at the highest level of professional standards and integrity.
- To be responsive to our listeners, members, supporters, and public.
- To exhibit mutual respect for our peers and audience.
- To value the member and community support that our station receives.
- To work together in an environment that encourages participation and sharing of the decisions that affect the station and our listeners.
Nashville Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in our hiring. Nashville Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Nashville Public Radio offers a generous benefit package including medical, vision, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance. In addition to insurance, employees receive vacation and sick leave, access to a 401(k) plan with employer matching, and 13 paid holidays, 2 of which are floating to employee preference.
How to Apply
Click the link below to apply
- Date Posted: January 30, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 04/01/2023
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000