Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
The primary function of this position is to determine client eligibility for enrollment in the New Americans Program; provide information and assistance to clients eligible for the New Americans Program; communicate with the Tennessee Office for Refugees regarding enrollment details; eligible clients for assistance, enrollment/re-enrollment, ensuring data and reporting requirements are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain communication with the Tennessee Office for Refugees (TOR) regarding program enrollments.
- Determine initial and/or continued client eligibility for the New Americans Program.
- Ensures timely distribution of client payments to case manager(s) and check receipt submissions to TOR.
- Review monthly enrollments to ensure ample processing time.
- Provide education to clients regarding rights and responsibilities under these programs and electronic submission of documents.
- Verify eligibility documentation.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience in working with refugees preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual English-Spanish required.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- 403B plan with company match
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support.
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1936775/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Eligibility-Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: September 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.