Linden Waldorf School
Elementary Class Assistant
Linden Waldorf School
Position: Elementary Class Assistant
Status: Full-time, hourly
Linden Waldorf School is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to serve as a class teacher in the elementary grades. Candidates must possess a commitment to personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for collegial work. We offer mentoring, opportunities for professional development, and a workplace supportive of pursuing Waldorf certification. This position reports directly to the Director of Education.
This person will work as a part of a committed team of teachers and be an active member of our school community.
The Elementary Class Assistant assists the teacher in meeting the needs of the students and the well-being of the classroom. Assistants will be directly engaged with the students in the classroom and recess settings. Both teachers and assistants are to guide the children toward self-control, cooperation, and social awareness, a mood of joy and harmony, and a feeling of belonging to the group as a whole.
All employees are subject to the requirements of the Employee Handbook. In addition, all teachers are required to teach the curriculum outlined in their grade-specific Scope and Sequence, available upon request.
Classroom Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide both morning and afternoon recess coverage.
- Assist class and subject teachers.
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions are present.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Share observations of each student related to successes and challenges with class teachers.
- Provide substitute coverage as needed for class and subject teachers, according to availability.
- Assist class teacher in maintaining and organizing student work and classroom supplies.
- Collaborates with the class teacher to maintain a safe, inclusive, and harmonious environment that supports social-emotional development and learning.
- Aids in creating and maintaining a grade-appropriate, aesthetically pleasing, and orderly classroom space.
- Maintaining and striving for an openness to understand Waldorf Education and child development.
- Attendance and participation in weekly faculty meetings and in-service workshops.
- Attendance and participation in weekly section meetings.
- Service on at least one (1) faculty committee. First-year teachers may be exempt from this requirement.
- Attendance/assistance at major all-school activities.
- Attendance at all-school meetings as indicated by the administration.
- Willingness to participate in the enrollment process of new students, particularly in discussions of student placement.
- Participation in the design and execution of an individualized plan for professional development.
- Attendance at Waldorf education summer training as identified as appropriate by the Director of Education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Education or a related field or similar life/work experience
- Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
- 1 – 2 years of previous classroom experience
Salary is scaled based on experience and education.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at lindenwaldorf.org
- Date Posted: February 6, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 7:45-3:30