Senior Ride Nashville
Driver for Seniors
Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of older adults by providing affordable, assisted rides given primarily by volunteer drivers.
Position Summary: Senior Ride Nashville seeks a paid driver to supplement its volunteer driver corps by providing friendly transportation to adults aged 60 and older. SRN provides door-through-door service, assisting riders into the car and into their destination, upon request. Rides will be assigned by SRN staff. Additionally, SRN drivers must have a personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and pass criminal and driver background screenings. Many SRN clients are unable to ride in pick-up trucks.
SRN currently serves riders living in Donelson, East Nashville, Hermitage, Madison, Old Hickory, and West Nashville. Preference will be given to applicants who reside within Davidson County. The driver is responsible for providing rides to SRN members throughout Davidson County. This position is a part-time, contract position and reports to the Operations Director. Rides take place Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. A regular commitment of between 2 and 5 days/week is required. The driver will receive hourly pay and mileage reimbursement.
SRN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- To be a careful and responsible driver
- To log in to the Assisted Rides website to obtain ride assignments
- To call the rider the day before the ride to confirm details and identify yourself as the driver
- To assist the rider into their destination and with shopping needs if requested
- To be reliable, courteous and patient
- To log in to the online Assisted Rides system to close out each ride, recording accurate mileage and time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must have at least 5 years driving experience
- Must have proof of personal auto liability coverage (Additional coverage may be required.)
- Must maintain vehicle in good working condition
- Must have access to a cell phone
- Must be capable of reading a map and interpreting GPS directions
- Must always have and use seat belts
- Must adhere to Tennessee driving and safety laws
- Must enjoy being with people and have a desire to assist older adults
- Must be reliable and dedicated
- Must complete all required training
- Must follow SRN policies and procedures
- The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including all current boosters for which they are eligible, and must show proof of vaccination.
- Satisfaction of assisting older adults maintain independence and dignity, stay connected to the community, and obtain essential services
- Contribution to solving mobility problems for seniors
- Excess Auto Liability Insurance
How to Apply
Please submit a resume by email to Elizabeth@SeniorRideNashville.org. (No phone calls please.)
- Date Posted: November 30, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 12/19/2022
- Salary Range: $19/hour, Mileage is paid at the applicable per mile rate established by the IRS (Currently $0.625/mile)
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.