United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties
Director of Workplace and Annual Giving
United Way of Rutherford & Cannon Counties
The Director of Workplace and Annual Giving supports the mission, goals, values, and philosophy of the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties by exhibiting the following professional behaviors: commitment to excellence, exceeding expectations, efficiency and effectiveness, and accountability. As a member of the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ professional team, the individual’s performance includes a superior demonstration of the following professional attributes: ethical leadership, effective communication, teamwork, and job knowledge. The Director of Workplace and Annual Giving develops and implements goals and strategies that support the mission and vision of the United Way.
Serve as the lead staff person for activities related to development and fundraising in the corporate and workplace sector, accounting for a significant percentage of United Way’s annual revenue;
- lead efforts for recruiting new corporate and workplace giving opportunities, involving appropriate staff and key volunteers;
- coordinate annual giving initiatives such as direct mail, online giving, and special giving campaigns; • manage a robust portfolio of accounts, meeting or exceeding established fundraising goals with those accounts;
- effectively steward donors and manage donor relations creatively to increase giving and support of United Way;
- implement strategies for regaining lapsed corporate/workplace accounts and for improving donor retention;
- engage donors and corporations in activities throughout the year, such as volunteer opportunities, tours, educational sessions, special campaigns, collection drives, etc.;
- ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are maintained in the organization’s database as it pertains to annual donors, workplace and corporate development efforts;
- serve in a key role in the Give United annual giving digital campaign;
- serve as a member of the Development and Engagement team, participating in department activities, strategies, and events as needed;
- understand, interpret, and present data involving corporate/workplace giving, donors, and other fundraising-related topics;
- primary duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive, and employees may be asked to fulfill other duties as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. Frequent off-site meetings and events are also a component of this position, as well as evening/weekend hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, marketing or related field • Minimum of five years of experience – with a proven track record – in fundraising, business, communications, public relations, marketing, sales or related field
• strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
• ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals
• highly developed organizational and planning skills
• creative and detail-oriented
• highly developed oral and written communication skills
• ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• experience with CRM databases such as Andar or Salesforce are preferred
- Cell Phone Reimbursement:
- $50.00 per month maximum
- Mileage Reimbursement:
- $0.625 per mile (when conducting United Way business; rate is based on current IRS posted rate each year)
- Twelve (12) paid days of vacation per year, with an additional one (1) day of vacation provided for each year of service up to twenty (20) days.
- Up to three (3) additional paid days off per year contingent upon personal gift to United Way (1% of salary = 1 day, 1.5% of salary = 2 days, 2% of salary = 3 days).
- The following paid holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- December 24 – January 1
- One (1) paid sick day per month.
- Simple IRA retirement plan (available after one year of employment). UWRCC will match dollar for dollar up to 3% of the employee’s contribution.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability (employee pays $2.00 per pay period for insurance coverage). UWRCC will also contribute $70.00 per pay period to the employee’s Health Savings Account. Enrollment begins on the first day of employment. Dependents may be enrolled in the employer’s plan, and the employee assumes the full cost of premiums for dependents.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following items as a single PDF attachment to Denise.Pope@yourlocaluw.org.
1) Cover Letter
3) References (minimum of three)
Consideration will only be given to applications submitted as outlined above. Applications submitted with multiple attachments or not including all three items listed above will not be considered.
- Date Posted: September 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services