Converge: Partners in Access
Director of Tennessee Programs
Converge: Partners in Access
Converge: Partners in Access is dedicated to ensuring all people can access high-quality reproductive and sexual healthcare when they need it, how they need it, and where they live. As the Mississippi and Tennessee grantee of Title X – the only federal Family Planning Program – we collaborate with each state’s public health agency, nonprofit healthcare providers, and community partners to build a healthcare system that places people at the center of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We also deliver training and technical assistance to providers and conduct policy, advocacy, and research activities that promote increased access to quality care. While our work is in the deep South, the principles, vision, and work of Converge are universal and transferable well beyond our region.
In September 2023, Converge was awarded a $3.9M federal grant to expand its programs into Tennessee. In support of this expansion, we are seeking a Director of Title X, Tennessee to oversee the roll-out and ongoing oversight of our work in the region. Reporting to the Vice President of Programs, this position calls for a public health champion who is energized to grow a network of providers and partners and bring essential family planning healthcare to Tennessee residents.
- Lead the implementation of Converge’s services in Tennessee, building a network of nonprofit and public healthcare providers, with the long-term goal of serving a network of 50 clinics (referred to as “delegate agencies”) across the state.
- Ensure Converge and delegate agencies maintain compliance with all federal requirements and priorities. Oversee the timely delivery of Title X federally mandated reports, internal progress reports, and other project-specific requests.
- Hire, supervise, and support the professional development of two positions: Clinical Compliance Manager and Program Manager.
- Build relationships with community-based organizations, state and local health departments, healthcare providers, and other partners to create awareness of Converge and build a roster of interested delegate agencies.
- Provide comprehensive, on-site, and remote technical assistance to delegate agencies. Partner with Converge’s Training team to deliver training.
- Make regular visits to delegate agencies and get to know each agency’s unique services, challenges, and client populations.
- Serve as the local face of Converge, representing the organization at new agency orientation, local and national conferences, community events, and other public forums. Develop and demonstrate expertise in Title X design and implementation.
- Partner with the External Affairs team on community engagement, marketing, and promotion, as well as strategies for maintaining regular communication with key stakeholders across the state.
- Partner with the Measurement, Evaluation, and Training team on data collection and reporting, as well as share resources, feedback, and other information with clinics.
- Ensure that health equity is a top priority throughout Converge’s Title X network and that services mitigate health disparities and uplift people-centered care.
- You are motivated by Converge’s mission and values. You are inspired to work towards a healthcare system where all people have access to quality, affordable, person-centered family planning care. You thrive in a rapidly growing organization that values humility, collaboration, high performance — and above all — putting people first.
- You are a healthcare champion with experience working in the public health arena. You bring at least 8 years of work experience, with knowledge of healthcare practice settings, provider training, technical assistance, and topics related to family planning, public health, primary care, and/or social services. Experience with Title X and/or other large federal grant programs is a plus.
- You are a thoughtful relationship builder who inspires trust. You are emotionally astute with a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that results in strong interpersonal connections. You are successful in motivating internal and external stakeholders and driving change. You possess strong communication, presentation, meeting facilitation, and networking skills.
- You are a skilled project manager with experience in program implementation, management, and evaluation. You have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines. You develop systems, policies, and procedures that drive programmatic excellence and measurable impact. Experience using project management software (e.g., Asana) is a plus.
- You are a collaborative people manager and colleague who leverages others’ strengths and promotes teamwork. You have experience in recruiting and hiring talent, building strong teams, and coaching direct reports for high performance and accountability. You strive to create an inclusive culture where all people feel a sense of ownership and belonging.
- You are an adaptable, agile, and resourceful “doer.” You thrive in a lean nonprofit setting with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of growth and change. You are a self-starter with a get-it-done attitude and willingness to jump in without being asked. You operate with a sense of urgency to respond to a changing healthcare environment in Tennessee and nationwide.
This is a full-time position that can be performed remotely from anywhere in Tennessee and will require regular travel throughout the state and occasional travel to conferences and other events. The salary for this position is $100,000. Benefits include:
- Health insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision insurance through Eye Med
- Life insurance
- Insurance premiums for employees and dependents covered 100% by Converge
- Vanguard SIMPLE IRA plan with a 3% match from Converge
- Paid vacation (15 days) and sick (10 days) leave per Employee Manual, with additional days based on length of time at Converge
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work schedule and remote or hybrid work environment
How to Apply
If this opportunity calls out to you, please apply here with 1) your resume and 2) a targeted cover letter that explains your interest in Converge and the Director of Title X, Tennessee position. Please address your cover letter to Danielle Lampton, Co-Executive Director. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.
- Date Posted: November 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 01/02/2024
- Salary Range: $100,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk + occasional after hour meetings