Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Director of Mission Integration
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
This position assists the VP of Mission Advancement in enabling the mission of Goodwill. This position serves to develop services/programs to continually meet employees’ and clients’ needs, presenting new funding proposals and/or new partnership concepts. This position is the primary advisor for working with people who have special needs and special populations.
- Integrates the mission and values by representing and promoting Goodwill Industries in the community with a broad spectrum of organizations and individuals to include service providers, government agencies, educational institutions, employers, community leaders, community associations and potential clients.
- Provides leadership, guidance, strategic development and assistance to the Career Coaches, the Youth Coordinator, staff dedicated to the supervision of persons with disabilities and other staff in relation to Goodwill’s mission, values, services and programs.
- Assists in maintaining a current Community Needs Assessment and works with VP of Mission Advancement to continually review it and Goodwill’s current services to assure relevancy, and the integrity of the spirit and intent of Goodwill’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develops proposals with budget, logistics and staffing needs to delivery services in our Goodwill territory.
- Responsible for development, design, outcomes and outputs of the Jobs for the Future program. Completes monthly progress reports and participates in monthly program conference calls.
- Prepares budgets, proposals and supervises Youth Services Coordinator for Opportunity NOW program.
- Prepares budget and grant funding proposal for summer youth programs, employs and supervises a summer coordinator and oversees summer staff and operation of services provided.
- Serves as primary contact creating partnerships with elementary, middle and high school programs.
- Oversees and prepares budget for Tennessee Dept Children’s Services for non-custodial parents program.
- Serves as primary contact and grant writer for programs funded by the Greater Nashville United Way agency and completes annual reports as required by grant.
- Assist staff to implement new programs/services and works in partnership with leadership to enhance participation in advocacy efforts.
- Researches funding opportunities through local, state and federal funders/programs to support Goodwill’s services and programs.
- Coordinates with potential partners in the community to initially develop the proposals and then possibly working together.
- Oversees the programs that address persons with special needs and special needs populations, and utilizes process improvement to ensure quality and standards are upheld.
- Serves as the primary consultant all Goodwill departments for working with people with disabilities.
- Assists in the preparation of audit, accreditation, and monitoring of policies and procedures that directly impact the quality and efficiency of mission services provided.
- Co-supervises Career Coaches in the Career Solutions job centers.
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
- Serves as the Ebiz Point of Contact and updates the System for Award Management(SAM.gov) the registration required to be updated annually for the organization to be eligible to apply for an federal funding.
- Serves as the Administrator of the Grants.gov federal grants application site for the organization.
- Serves as a member of the Career Solutions L-10 Leadership Team.
- Regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, rehabilitation administration, human resources or related field is required .
- Five years’ experience in Vocational Rehabilitation and/or providing case management services for persons with disabilities or disadvantaging conditions, or closely related Human Services field is required, with at least 2 (two) years leadership experience supervising and/or managing a vocational rehabilitation program, including grant writing and proposal development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet; and have the ability to learn new software to record impact data and gather demographics.
- Ability to market Goodwill services to employers, referral sources and potential clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of vocational rehabilitation philosophies, procedures and practice .
- Demonstrated, strong management skills, prior supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers .
- Ability to earn and retain the respect and confidence of staff, president, and members of the community .
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule multiple activities, projects and work schedules.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills .
- Strong time-management skills and must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts in the community.
- Ability to develop, implements, and evaluate new practices, policies, and programs.
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License:
- Master’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), Rehabilitation Counseling, or closely related field Human Services field is preferred.
- Three years of training experience is preferred.
- Prior experience managing budgets, grants, contracts and provider agreements.
- Experience communicating and presenting information to large groups, including stakeholders, community partners and clients.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws applicable to VR programs.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 26, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services