Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Director of Fund Development and Communications
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Serve as the manager of the fundraising and communications/public relations goals for the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee. The position will have primary oversight for the management of donor relationships, staff grant writer, and data manager of Raiser’s Edge database. Provide leadership for the Council for events, research, mailings, stewardship, and other fundraising and philanthropy activities. Develop all communication and marketing plans. Additionally, the manager will work closely with the CEO in a supportive capacity and with other members of the Council’s leadership staff, philanthropy team, and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage fund development plans and goals to meet GSMT fundraising goals as approved by the Board of Directors
- Provide supervisory oversight to the Grant Administrator and Communications specialist.
- Provide leadership for GSMT major fundraising events;
- Partner with the GSMT leadership team to provide support and guidance for other funding strategies and events;
- Manage the administration of direct mail and individual giving campaigns including drafting materials, managing the production schedule, and overseeing project budgets;
- Provide customer service to donors and other constituents by confirming receipt of contributions and fielding inquiries.
- Support the fulfillment of sponsor benefits (e.g., compiling necessary documents, mailing benefits package);
- Research potential funders to assist with solicitation as requested;
- Oversight for budget reporting, processing of gifts and donations, reconciling development and business income records (including but not limited to monthly development revenue reports, pledge status reports, and annual audit preparation);
- Develops and manages the budget for the communications operating unit.
- Perform record and data cleanup/updates in the Raisers Edge database as needed;
- Encourage and support full utilization of Raisers Edge software implementing software management policies and procedures;
- Organize and maintain development records (digital and hard copy), office files, and other materials;
- Provide assistance outside the normal schedule to accommodate and support GSMT and Outlying County fundraising events;
- Liaison for the CEO with internal and external requests for scheduling and developing leads for achieving the Council’s fundraising goals;
- Develops long-range and annual corporate plans for community and media relations that support council priorities.
- Periodically audits and assesses council publications and other communication strategies.
- Ensures that Girl Scouting establishes and maintains relationships with key businesses and community organizations. Recruits, throughout 39 counties, media liaison volunteers who promote Girl Scouting through local media.
- Collects existing research that supports the Girl Scout program and values.
- Oversees design and production of all printed communication materials.
- And, other duties as assigned.
- At least three years prior experience in a similar position within the public, private, or non-profit sector.
- Proven experience with Raisers Edge database fundraising software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced word processing skills and proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office 365 programs.
- Committed and able to uphold high levels of accountability for self and for others.
- Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities, while working under direct supervision or independently.
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, and well-organized.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and evidence of state-required liability insurance.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Belief in the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on Sales/communications/non-profit management.
- Physical Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry, or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds
- Health, dental, LTD, STD, H.S.A savings plan
- Paid Time Off
- 403B with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Summer Camp discount
- Hybrid work schedule
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email must include the following; cover letter with salary requirement and resume
- Date Posted: February 9, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000