Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Director of Career and Technical Training
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Director of Career and Technical Training is responsible for directing operations for the development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of training programs and other related services to assigned employees, clients, and customers to enable them to improve their skills and seek competitive employment. The role works cross functionally with staff to ensure training competency is maintained in all positions in all departments while overseeing the management of the training programs including the call center, construction and trades, hospitality, custodial information technology and other supporting staff for those programs. They will also provide support services to the career centers and logistical support to other departments. The Director will take a lead role in the implementation and launch of the Career and Technical Academy and will oversee management and training within the facility on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers, community organizations, and government agencies to assess needs, build partnerships, deliver employer-driven training programs, and assess program effectiveness.
- Maintain competency and current knowledge of market trends in the labor market, employer skill, and hiring needs, skill development strategies/curriculum, and training programs.
- Oversee and manage the development and implementation of the Mission Services training strategy and training programs for the company.
- Designs develops, implements, and manages a portfolio of training programs that meet community needs related to employment.
- Researches new training and professional development materials, and assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new training programs.
- Plans and creates training material for use with employees, clients, and external customers to enhance their skill level and development paths.
- Oversees outcomes of training and certification programs.
- Post-implementation, evaluates programs and recommends improvements in program structure or curriculum while ensuring programs are properly maintained, delivered, and reported.
- Expands trade skills training offerings outside of Nashville.
- Relates to persons with all types of disabilities and social and economic backgrounds in a professional and courteous manner.
- Develops and manages a master training calendar, prepares a variety of reports, memoranda, correspondence, newsletters, bulletins, and records related to the Mission Services training and professional development functions.
- Consults with the VP of Mission Services, the Director of Mission Integration, and the marketing department to develop branding and marketing concepts for new training programs and services. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each concept.
- Manages the administration of the department to include but not limited to billing, budget and expense management, timekeeping, and performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates the work of Training Managers to ensure program success in meeting the needs of clients as they pursue training toward employment.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or social service-related area, such as Communications, Business Management, Industrial Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, or Public Service is required.
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge / Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet and have the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Knowledge of Caseworthy database system and ability to navigate through the system and train associates on the system.
- Knowledge of all Goodwill's departments, jobs, employees, locations, policies, and procedures.
- Able to use the payroll timekeeping system.
- Able to use the department database system.
- Able to type and perform other functions related to other projects of the department.
- Professional behavior when interacting with contributors, employees, visitors, and clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong delegation skills while maintaining accountability.
- Strong training and coaching/counseling skills.
- Have an active driver's license, reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and the ability to drive to various locations to deliver training.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services