Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Director, Marketing & Communications
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Summary: Director, Marketing and Communications is responsible for championing the organization’s marketing and communications, public relations, brand identity, and direct response fundraising efforts required to support the long-term, strategic direction of the organization. This position ensures the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies across all functional areas of the organization while leading a team in strengthening community awareness of the organization, growing donor relationships, and exceeding fundraising goals. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Conceive, coordinate, and implement high level integrated, multi-channel campaigns around marketing, fundraising, and general brand awareness that clearly position the organization as a leader in hunger-relief while supporting the organization’s fundraising and programmatic goals. Establish clear goals, benchmarks, deliverables, and metrics to monitor progress and evaluate success.
- Oversee publicity, media relations and thought-leadership efforts to promote the organization, its executives and subject matter experts, and issues relating to hunger in America to increase brand awareness across 46-county service area.
- Provide business and marketing thought leadership in developing responsive, creative strategies to address challenges that impede the successful growth of programs or initiatives and contributes to a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages innovation.
- Lead the Marketing and Communications team with both oversight and hands-on support in developing and implementing creative and marketing projects, direct response marketing and fundraising, content strategy, branding and advertising.
- Manage and develop direct reports to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, and other team building practices to ensure that they continue to acquire new skills as well as enhancing current skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related areas required.
- Experience: 5+ years proven experience in developing and implementing innovative marketing and communications strategies in complex organizations. Experience in fundraising is preferred.
- Skills & Capabilities: Strategic and results-oriented leader who can translate business and operations plans into marketing and communication strategies. Strong understanding of direct response fundraising strategies and best practices. Tactical and creative thinker who is a proven collaborator and influencer who can lead interdepartmental initiatives to accomplish organizational objectives. Technologically proficient in digital marketing tools, CRM tools, and fundraising software such as Blackbaud’s Luminate Online, Raiser’s Edge, or similar software.
- Competencies: Coaching/Developing Others, Ability to Influence when Appropriate, Strategic Thinking, Results Oriented and Execution
- Other requirements: Our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, 403b retirement (up to 3% match, 5% base, length of service vesting), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: org/job-opportunities. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – we love it here and think you will too!
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Typical daytime workweek hours of Monday - Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM on-site and primarily at our Nashville distribution center.