Nashville Rescue Mission
Director, Life Recovery Program
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Director of, Life Recovery Program to join our Men’s Life Recovery team. The Director manages and protects the day-to-day operation and schedule for the Life Recovery Program at the Men’s Campus while also maintaining the program environment. The Director supports and advises the Vice President, and Ministries and acts on his/her behalf in their absence.
This position might be for you if:
You Are Strong In Your Faith
You have a passion for helping the lost and hurting. You have a high energy level and a readiness to take on significant challenges. You can think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. You can gracefully navigate the unique dynamics of working in a Christ-focused organization while being a proactive leader.
You Are A Great Communicator
You have excellent interpersonal skills and can build trusted relationships at all levels, internally and externally. Regardless of the form of communication (listening, verbal, nonverbal, emotional awareness, written, or communicating in stressful situations), you have a natural ability to read an audience and intuitively know how best to respond. You are comfortable teaching classes or leading chapel for groups of all sizes.
You Are A Team Leader
You make people feel important and appreciated. You can lead a diverse team to ensure that daily schedules, goals, and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards. You actively participate in teaching classes, special events, activities, staff meetings, and more (including some weekends and holidays). You don’t avoid conflict but seek to resolve it effectively and swiftly. You try to understand through conversations and not confrontations. You can maintain an open, candid, transparent management style.
You Are Committed
You are focused on making sure the program is Gospel-centered and is consistently balanced in these areas: physically, spiritually, mentally, socially, and emotionally, while also taking into account the human element. You provide the motivation and inspiration to retain a qualified and professional team of staff and volunteers.
- Oversees program’s daily schedule and environment to ensure the goals of the program are Gospel-centered and consistently balanced physically, spiritually, mentally, socially, and emotionally.
- Maintains and clarifies program standards according to the handbook.
- Confronts and counsels interpersonal issues of staff, volunteers, and clients, working to keep conflict within the program to a minimum.
- Provides the leadership and motivation to retain a qualified and professional team of staff and volunteers.
- Leads meetings with the program team to maintain clear communication about client issues, progress, and actions necessary to assure the quality of client recovery.
- Assigns programmatic tasks evenly among the program team. Oversees completion of each.
- Develops relationships with local churches, social agencies, and other similar programs for both edification and the ability to refer.
- As a representative of Nashville Rescue Mission, develops relationships with community partners who contribute to the wider community of homeless organizations.
- The director works closely with the volunteer department to build and maintain a strong educational volunteer base.
- Works with the Director of Therapy and Life Coaching to carry out program goals.
- Teachers in the core curriculum and chapels on a regular basis and as needed.
- Counsels one-on-one and in groups on a regular basis and as needed.
- Regularly evaluates, reports, and provides advice to Vice President, Ministries in the pursuit of excellence.
- Completes summary of program progress monthly to share with Board and donors.
- Represents the program and Nashville Rescue Mission to the public in an ongoing professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university in Theology, Social Services, or related area with 5-7 years experience in recovery or life transformation program leadership or 12 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position. Master’s level preferred.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Team player with a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, lead, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, and independent thinking.
- Professional image with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Acquire and maintain valid and current certifications for certain skills such as Crisis Prevention, first aid, CPR, and Narcan. Nashville Rescue Mission will provide certifications.
- Ability to qualify as a Designated Mission Vehicle Driver under NRM insurance policy:
- Valid driver’s license
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3-year period or more than one accident in a 1-year period
- Proof of insurance on personal vehicle (current)
- Proficient reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb stairs, push, and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of employees’ earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to those who are hungry, hurting, and experiencing homelessness.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping those who are hungry and experiencing homelessness. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: January 18, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $52,666 - $65,833
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.