Disability Rights Tennessee
Director – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, Social Justice
Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) seeks a Director to work part-time, 20 hours per week.
This position will be responsible for actively engaging DRT in actions, values, and policies that support
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Social Justice (IDEAS) initiatives both internally and externally. This position reports to the Executive Director and is an exempt position.
Only resumes submitted with a cover letter will be considered.
Who We Are
DRT is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT is the designated Protection & Advocacy System (P&A) and Client Assistance Program (CAP) for Tennessee. For over 44 years, our agency has served more than 57,000 Tennesseans. DRT is funded through federal grants, state contracts, private donations, and grants. DRT has eleven programs that provide services across the state and across issues. Services include:
- Support & Resources
- Education & Outreach
- Investigation & Monitoring
- Advocacy & Legal Representation
To learn more about DRT, visit us at DisabilityRightsTN.org or on social media.
What You’ll Do
In support of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Social Justice (IDEAS) values:
- Participate in agency leadership
- Coordinate professional development
- Collaborate to ensure DRT personnel policies and procedures reflect IDEAS values
- Act as a consultant to underrepresented groups and ensure all voices are heard
- Assess barriers and create strategies to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce
- Conduct annual evaluation of IDEAS initiatives and policies, and make recommendations
- Consult on agency communications strategies and program planning
- Establish and maintain external relationships
Keys to Success
- Willingness to remain current in knowledge of trends, laws, and other factors influencing IDEAS values and work implementation
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong initiative and follow-through
- Openness to listening to diverse perspectives
- Strong training and adult education skills
- Tenacity in the face of long-term systemic efforts
- Networking and relationship skills
What Else You Should Know
Inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility, and social justice are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team including but not limited to candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
- The position is part-time (20 hours per week, flexible schedule)
- In-office work will be required at times. Remote work will be allowed for this position
- Cross-state travel will be required at times
- Home internet is required but technology will be provided by DRT
- Candidate must live within 60 miles of a DRT office
The salary for this position begins at $36 an hour. The exact salary depends on experience and skills. This position offers excellent benefits including a flexible schedule, remote work, and paid federal and state holidays.
How to Apply
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to Ann Anderson, Human Resources and Finance Director, at email@example.com
If you have questions about the position, reach out to Lisa Primm, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services