The Family Center
The Family Center
Do you: embrace intellectual & social curiosity, adore distilling information from multiple sources, change tone & inflection for different audiences, find “no” stimulates you to pursue a yes, love brainstorming to find the right phrase or concept, revel in meeting new people, succeed in creative event execution, and enjoy juggling (aka multitasking)? We have the job for you!!
The Family Center (a growing, fast paced nonprofit located in Nashville) seeks a dynamic new team member to serve as its Director, Development. This position is integral in helping TFC pursue our mission of breaking intergenerational cycles of childhood trauma by spearheading all fundraising efforts, engaging in the mission as a means to expand revenue, and utilizing analytics as a tool for making the case for current/future donors: raising the revenue for increasing awareness and moving forward with our mission.
Qualified candidates must have a willingness to embrace a Trauma Informed Culture that also honors all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Competitive candidates will: welcome curiosity as a means to learn and grow personally and professionally, greet change and challenges with flexibility and a positive, collaborative approach, pay close attention to content output, pursue excellence in work products and community presence, and meet professional goals and timelines.
- collaboratively develop, execute, evaluate annual fundraising plans and ongoing strategies that ensure The Family Center exceeds its development goals each year
- identify and incorporate successful strategies for significantly broadening and deepening individual and major donor awareness and support (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and potential major donors)
- engage collaboratively with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, volunteers, staff
- effectively supervise the Manager, Development & co-supervise Data Coordinator
- oversee corporate relationship building and increase corporate support
- successfully execute two annual events (committees, budgeting, logistics, etc.)
- identify, cultivate, and engage with current and potential 3rd party donors/events
- collaborate with CEO on maximizing existing and new communication assets/channels (i.e.: website, marketing collateral, social media, etc.) to increase revenue
- ensure a high-quality public presence
- use analytical data, agency metrics, and client stories to share organizational impact
- embrace & demonstrate core organizational values: Excellence, Integrity, Inclusion, Transformation, Connection
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, sales, or a field with similar skills and a curious chameleon approach to the work
- innovative leader, self-initiator, fast learner, team player
- highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking and strategic solicitation, intellectual and social curiosity, high level of confidence and poise along with the ability to adapt in communicating with different audiences, capable of successfully distilling information quickly
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively contribute to grant proposals, donor research, marketing efforts
- understanding of and implementation of donor research in creating development plans
- proficiency in MS Office Suite, Donor Perfect; past utilization of Moves Management a plus
- confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies
- ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- excellent organizational and project management skills
- capable of meeting challenging deadlines while “herding cats”
- must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- openness to a work culture that is very fast paced and growing rapidly across TN
- This is a full-time exempt position that requires evening and weekend commitments throughout the year. Local travel is required, and occasional national travel may be expected. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a pet friendly office, flexibility for family needs, and coworkers who are passionate about our work to help create resilient families and organizations.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, and PTO, We recognize, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (plus the Friday after), and close Christmas Eve through New Year’s Eve.
How to Apply
Send resume & a cover letter to: email@example.com
The Family Center honors the need to advance equity in our community and values diversity & inclusion. We encourage those from diverse backgrounds to apply!
- Date Posted: December 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/01/2023
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; Flexible